Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Endocrinologist on Hypothyroidism - Levothyroxine Doses

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female, 19 Years old, pakistan

Assalamualaikum. I have hypothyroidism and was diagnosed with Hashimotos thyroiditis last year this time. I started off with Eutroxsig/Euthyrox (levothyroxine sodium) 20 mg and then increased the dose to 50 mg. Currently I take 50mg of this medication and was advised to do a follow up blood test this February, which i did. My results for TSHs was 3.55 and Free T4 was 1.03 (my free t4 is always within the normal range) I have attached my blood test reports here. Please suggest me whether I should continue with my current dose or increase/decrease it. Thank you!

Endocrinologist in Quetta - Dr. Matiullah

Dr. Matiullah - Endocrinologist

MBBS (Gold Medalist), FCPS Diabetes and Endocrinology, FCPS Medicine (AKUH), MRCP Specialty Certificate Diabetes And Endocrinology (UK), Member American College of Endocrinology (USA) , Executive Member Pakistan Endocrine Society | Quetta

review-stars

582 Positive Reviews

Ur labs are going well . What about ur symptoms

Post Owner

I currently have no noticeable symptoms, I do feel a little light headed but I believe thats due to a deficiency in b12

3 years ago

MBBS (Gold Medalist), FCPS Diabetes and Endocrinology, FCPS Medicine (AKUH), MRCP Specialty Certificate Diabetes And Endocrinology (UK), Member American College of Endocrinology (USA) , Executive Member Pakistan Endocrine Society | Quetta | Book Appointment

review-stars 582 Positive Reviews

TSH after 6-8 weeks

3 years ago

MBBS (Gold Medalist), FCPS Diabetes and Endocrinology, FCPS Medicine (AKUH), MRCP Specialty Certificate Diabetes And Endocrinology (UK), Member American College of Endocrinology (USA) , Executive Member Pakistan Endocrine Society | Quetta

review-stars

582 Positive Reviews

Just need to slightly increase dose. Mon-Saturday take 1 tablet and on Sunday take 2 tablets

Post Owner

Alright, thank you.

3 years ago

Pediatric Endocrinologist in Karachi - Dr. Noman Ahmad

Dr. Noman Ahmad - Pediatric Endocrinologist

MBBS, DCH, MRCPI, FRCPCH, Fellowship Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, MSc Endocrinology and Diabetes | Karachi

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

Your results are normal although TSH is high normal if you have no symptoms then continue same dose but if symptomatic may go to 75 mcg

Post Owner

Thank you so much. After how long should I do a follow up blood test?

3 years ago

Pediatric Endocrinologist in Karachi - Dr. Noman Ahmad
Dr. Noman Ahmad - Pediatric Endocrinologist

MBBS, DCH, MRCPI, FRCPCH, Fellowship Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, MSc Endocrinology and Diabetes | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 9 Positive Reviews

6 months

3 years ago

MBBS (Gold Medalist), FCPS Diabetes and Endocrinology, FCPS Medicine (AKUH), MRCP Specialty Certificate Diabetes And Endocrinology (UK), Member American College of Endocrinology (USA) , Executive Member Pakistan Endocrine Society | Quetta | Book Appointment

review-stars 582 Positive Reviews

75 is too high. Weekly dose should be slightly increased . Total 7 tablets to 8 (Sunday 2 tablets)

3 years ago

Endocrinologist in Karachi - Dr. Syed Muhammad Hasan

Dr. Syed Muhammad Hasan - Endocrinologist

MBBS, MRCP (Ireland) MRCP (UK- Endocrinology and Diabetes) | Karachi

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

continue same dose and repeat TSH after 6 weeks

Endocrinologist in Karachi - Dr. Faisal Ilyas

Dr. Faisal Ilyas - Endocrinologist

MBBS, Masters (Diabetologist/Endocrinologist) | Karachi

review-stars

15 Positive Reviews

Kindly visit any of my clinics. I am sending you the schedule of my OPDs.

Thanks and Regards,

Dr Faisal Ilyas
Consultant Diabetologist and Endocrinologist

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories