Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Rednees On Naval Area

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 1.1 years old, Karachi

After 2,3 month of cotry with silver nitarte my baby again have swell naval with slightly discharge, today i again visit a doc he ask us to go jinnah for cotry n scold us that it may lead to effect ur kid health , liver etc so what should i do please help me why it happen again n again

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Mueen Mohyuddin

Dr. Mueen Mohyuddin - Pediatrician

MBBS, Diplomate American Board of Pediatrics, Diplomate American Sub-Board of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine | Lahore

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

There are causes of umbilical discharge other than Umbilical granuloma.
If the discharge is persisting after initial cauterization other causes of discharge must be looked into specially if the discharge smells like urine or stool.
For that you must see a Pediatric Surgeon who will do some tests to confirm the diagnosis.

Member of Marham-Forum

In the mentioned scenario, it's highly advisable to visit a pediatric surgeon . an Ultrasound would help to see inside connection of cord or any abnormality.

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Tariq Rafiq Khan

Dr. Tariq Rafiq Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MD (USA), DABP (USA), FAAP (USA) | Lahore

review-stars

446 Positive Reviews

Sometimes after cord falls off from naval area , a little swelling called granuloma can occur there , which can easily be cauterised or excised , if it has reoccurred U can contact any Peds surgeon near you , who can easily excise it ,he has to make sure it’s not infected,good luck

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories