Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Swollen Abdomen

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 2 years old, Lahore

So the thing is my baby was born in 2018. She will be 2 this year. But ever since her birth I feel her tummy a bit swollen. Like she is not fat in rest of any part but still her dresses are tight from the abdomen side. Everything is very normal as per her health is concerned. Just that she is having severe constipation every now and then ever since she turned 1.4 months. But her swollen abdomen makes me concerned if I am overlooking something I should be concerned about.

Member of Marham-Forum

Your area of concern is valid but her evaluation should be thorough . get her to nearby consultant

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan

Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH (London), MRCP (Glasgow) | Lahore

Chronic Constipation is one the common causes of excessive Pot belly, though Toddlers can have bit of pot belly normally. Hirschsprung's Disease also needs to be ruled out. Please get her checked by a Paediatrician.

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq

Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Lahore

review-stars

65 Positive Reviews

You must take solution of her constipation.

Pediatric Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Dr. Rehan Kibria

Dr. Rehan Kibria - Pediatric Surgeon

| MBBS | FCPS (Surgery) | FCPS ( PAEDIATRIC SURGERY ) | | Rawalpindi

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

Usually protubrent abdomen is secondary to chronic constipation which in turn requires investigations and procedures. Better have her checked at earliest

Member of Marham-Forum

good morning and i am glad to hear you mom.
the thing with which you are worried is a very common issue that most of the moms come across even my wife complained me about my daughter when she was around 2 yrs old.
any way as far as the health of your baby is stable, you are not supposed to be worried.
i think you are worried about 2 things: swelling of the abdomen and the constipation.
i will try to explain one by one.
first of all swelling of abdomen : see in the developmental stage of a child, there is a stage that we call toddler stage and usually in this stage the children are having protuberant or swollen abdomen and that is normal for them if there is no associated complaints. so you are not supposed to worry.
second is constipation, this is very common issue in children and having a lot of causes mainly related with dietery habits and sometimes genetic or structural defect in intestines causes.
for constipation, i will recommend special milk formula and fresh fruits like oranges, papaya.
i need more detail about dietary habits and if she is pica eater or not. pica eater means that child eats dirt, mud and everything other than diet. also i will request you to bring your baby to my clinic for detailed examination. also may be your baby needs some laboratory tests or other investigations
i will welcome your further querries. thanks and hope to hear you soon.

Neonatologist in Abbottabad - Dr. Ibrahim Awan

Dr. Ibrahim Awan - Neonatologist

MBBS, MRCPCH (UK), DCH, Fellow c. Paeds. (WHO) | Abbottabad

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

need detail review&history including growth developmental history .if possible to be seen in clinic with mother for detail history

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories