Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Gynaecological

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 29 years old, Karachi

As salaam o alaikum I m 29 yes old mother of a 2 yes baby boy. In march I was diagnosed with mild yeast infection by my gynae and was given funzil single dose. It cited my infection at that time.but next month in April on 9 day of my cycle after having intercourse suddenly vaginal discharge started which is thick and curdy but not smelly. It goes after 2 3 days on its own. Now again in this month I am facing same problem on same days of my cycle after having protected intercourse ( as in previous month) I want to ask k is this recurrent yeast infection or just regular cyclical discharge . Should I consult gynae again ?? BC last month bhi same situation thy and it cured on its own in 2 3 days . Ps. Have done urine dr to check UTIs and it come out perfectly fine according to my gynae

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-Normal vagina maintains its pH by having normal pathogens in proportion and if this proper proportion is disturb then infective pathogens can increase in amount to disbalanced pH and more prone to infection.
-normal vaginal discharge could increase at stress, excitement, ovulation, fertilization, implantation and at specific period of cycle or due to genetic or family history of increased normal secretions. OVER TREATMENT CAN INCREASE RISK OF RECURRENT INFECTION.
-abnormal secretions could be irritative, smelly, colored and need to be checked in lab by having high vaginal swab to have proper treatment.
-if no symmptoms no issue but better to have high vaginal swab to test it pathogenicity.
-have strict hygiene.
-use condoms to avoid transmission of sexually transmitted infection.
-use water to clean area and soft razor to remove hairs.
-avoid creams and cosmetics locally.
Have complete treatment of any health issue like diabetes as it increases risks of having infection.
-best of luck.

Post Owner

Respected Dr. Thanks for your reply. Just one question more my condition is better today as compared to that of tomorrow . Should I go for hvs immediately or can wait for next cycle to trace tha condition ??
Is it possible that it happens due to intercourse as both times it happens after that??

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin
Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 28 Positive Reviews

Symmptoms relation u need to check that is it related to sex or not. Hvs is to check cause of symmptoms actually so need to do when u have symmptoms.

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

JazakAllah Dr thank u very much

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry

Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), MRCP (Obstetrics & Gynecology) Ireland | Lahore

review-stars

103 Positive Reviews

It seems like yeast infection , u need to see a gynaecologist for HVS and for viewing it , Anyhow increase ur immunity by taking multivitamin and vit D supplements , avoid synthetic undergarments and tight jeans , can repeat the antifungal course once u r suffering from it , it’s a common infection so don’t worry and take the treatment

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories