Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Gynaecological

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 24 years old, London

I started having sexual relations with my husband a month prior to my wedding. My GP prescribed me a progesterone only birth control pill. I took it regularly non stop for 1.5 months but had to stop as I was constantly bleeding slightly throughout the day and especially after sex. I started taking the pill right after my periods, since that day I stopped having periods for about 2.5 months to 3 months. When they did start it was very light like usual. One thing unusual however is that I’ve had 3 periods so far at the exact 28 day mark which is extremely unusual for me. I always used to have periods 2 - 3 weeks late. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and am on Metformin for about 5 years now. I am also on levothyroxin, setraline, folic acid and vitamin D. I wanted to ask if there is a risk of me becoming infertile? I have been having hot flushes, slight dizziness and nausea but my pregnancy test has been negative this month. I am due to start my periods on the 2nd of May. Please advise

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
Dear it would be better if u would send me detailed Gynae, obs, medical, surgical and Drug history..
-have complete treatment of any health issue u have.
-have recreational activities and quit recreational drugs
-Ave balanced diet weight and Bmi by having plenty of water, fruits, vegetables and try to reduce salt, suger, oil and spice to avoid complications due to diet.
- have folic acid daily if want to conceive in recent future.
-have sex in fertile period of Cycle.
-try to request husband to avoid smoking and t better general health
-have transvaginal scan and blood tests on day 2 of periods(testosterone, progesterone, fsh /lh, insulin, thyroid function test) to Evaluate fertility issue.
-collect labs and have detailed discussion over it.
-have daily walk, yoga and Exercise to Alan e Bmi.
-best of Luck.

Member of Marham-Forum

I don’t have my reports on me. I don’t eat well at all and I am overweight but not obese. I have never used drugs, my husband has never smoked either or used drugs. He is on no medication. I know there isn’t anything wrong with him as he already has a son with his ex wife. I am not physically active as I lack energy all the time.
I have been told that being on sertraline might cause problems with me trying to conceive. Secondly, everyone is saying that because I used the birth control pill I have become infertile. I’m worried.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories