Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Gynecologist

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 33 years old, Lahore

AOA. I am 31 weeks pregnant. I have one daughter, 4 years old. Had IUD in 2nd pregnancy, Dec 2017, due to IUGR at 30 weeks. Now Alhamdulillah, 31 weeks. But my cervical length is 3.3 cm. So i have been told there are chances of pre-term labor. I want to ask to what extent I need to have bed rest and palcvic rest? My second issue is that my TSH level is 3.28 at 31 weeks. What are the risks and what medication i need for this? Please guide me, i am worried because of my history. My reports for TSH are attached

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

- Well come and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
- Dear u have previous history of Intrauterine Death that need to consider actually seriously so this Pregnancy outcome could be good .
-u should have restricted activities ,avoid stairs ,avoid weight lifting ,avoid over stress ,be happy ,keep on check on any Abnormal Symmptoms.
-have had any thyroid issue or had experienced any problem that needed Medications ???if yes then send that record .
- have balanced diet ,mild light walk .try t avoid Constipation or diarrhea.
- have strict check on any pain ,bleeding .
- in case of any symptoms report to treating to Doctor .
- In Case of reduced fetal movement immediately try to have fetal Electronic Monitoring along with Dopplers scan to have knowledge of fetal well being .
- I hope u get My point.
-best of Luck.

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you so much Dr Dr. Uzma Mohsin .
Ma'am i am following the above things. I also want to know about cervical length which is 3.3 at the moment. Is it dangerous? Can take to the pre-term labour?
And for TSH, i never had any thyroid issue and never took Medications for that.
I just went through TSH serum test as per my Dr's advice. And the result came out it is 3.28 while the maximum limit is 3.0. So i want to know, is it alarming, and my baby can have any risk? Should i start Thyoxine? Or it is minor increase and i can ignore it? Reports are already attached.

Member of Marham-Forum

Ma'am Dr. Dr. Shaheena Asif your guidance required please. Thank you, JazakAllah

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

- Dear due to previous history it's better to have precautions of restricted movement ,strict check on fetal movements ,any pain ,bleeding to be reported in advance to have urgent proper Intervention.
- thyroid actually fluctuate in pregnancy in most of the individuals it's better to repeat it after 2 - 3 wks .
- have immediately report to emergency if feel symmptoms.
- best of Luck.

Post Owner

Thank you Ma'am Uzma Mohsin
my another issue is cough. I got cough in the end of November, and took Zetro 500mg for 6 days. Lorin NSA for 2 days, in December. Cough was better 99%, but it came back. Then now in January, i took Velosef 500mg for 5 days. And cough was again good 99%. But it is again back, and not recovering. What should i do for cough? As it puts alot of pressure and as per my Dr, this cough should be stopped as soon as possible.

5 years ago

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

- cough could trigger preterm labour so it should be Recovered immediately .
- have honey with ginger and black pepper tea Recurrently .
- Vick's or Strepsils to reduce Irritation.
- don't repeat antibiotics with only cough but if previous any syp gave u relief u can have that .
- have plain water steam and gargles with ginger ,honey and black pepper tea.
- try to avoid any Symmptom that can trigger preterm labour pain like urine infection ,cough ,stairs climbing ,weight lifting etc .
- I hope u get Point.
- strict check on fetal movements as well being and once or even twice weekly electronic fetal movements .
- best of luck.

Post Owner

JazakAllah ma'am

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist