Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Gynecologist

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 26 years old, multan

Aoa' i am 30 weeks pregnant and mujy mumps infection huwa ha friday night sa face and neck pr bohat ziada swelling ha. i cant eat anything mun k andr b zuban main bht jaln ha please tell any treatment to this i am taking panadol for pain relief. is there any side effect of mumps infection to baby please reply me .

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

- well come and thanks for preffering Marham for your
health Consultation.
- Dear Mumps as such not risky for any Congenital infection but it can trigger Miscarriage in early Pregnancy and preterm labour in late Pregnancy .
-if woman already had vaccination for Mumps then symmotons should be less but if not vaccine ated then more symmptoms could appear like meningitis , encephalitis etc .
- have strict control over symmotoms and baby movements .
- in case of reduced fetal movement u need to have electronic fetal monitoring Graph .l
- in case of pain,bleeding g Immediately report to gynae Emergency to check preterm labour .
- perinatal infections associated with heart conditions ,respratory distress and thrombocytopenia .
- after infection have isolation for 5-6 days from start of symmptoms and people around u if not vaccinated better to have Vaccination.
- imneduately contact to treating Antenatal centre if u feel any pain ,bleeding ,discharge or reduced fetal movements .
- have tab postan 500 8 hrly in case if pain .
- I hope things would be better .
- best of Luck.

Member of Marham-Forum

thanks for your answer

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist