Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Gynecologist

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 27 years old, Lahore

Dear doctor, Sorry for long post but I m telling all the details and wants the answer in detail. So I had DNC 8 months ago. Since then I am trying to conceive. But failed, In April I got checked my prolactin level on 7th day of my periods (because my doctor said high prolactin levels are one of the reason of miscarriage so you should get it checked) It was 9.07 ng/ml in APRIL 2019. After trying for 3 months with pregnacare and myfol. I again got my hormonal levels get checked on 2nd day of my periods. My prolactin levels is 46.42 ng/ml now with LH level higher then FSH (Attaching reports of 4 test which I did on 2nd day of my cycle) Firstly my gynecologist though I have got cysts ovaries due to 2:1 ratio of LH and FSH. I got my ultrasound done yesterday (attaching reports). Which shows nothing just a tiny subserol fibriod. Now my doc said maybe you're eggs are not maturing that's why LH level is showing higher. And for prolactin levels she didn't gave me any medicine. Because

Member of Marham-Forum

Now she has given me nothing for this cycle. just folic acid and pregnacare.
But for next cycle she has given me clomid, Gonadil F and duphaston for different days of cycle. And also advised me to get my follicile checked on 12/13th day.
Now my question is she has given me nothing for my high prolactin levels. Will they go down on their own? When should I get rechecked for my higher prolactin levels? Am I having PCOS? If not then is stress is making my hormonal imbalance? Please guide.

Member of Marham-Forum

Dr. Sadia Ahmad your guidance is needed.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Sadia Ahmad

Asst. Prof. Dr. Sadia Ahmad - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), CMT, MHPE, Fellowship in Aesthetic Genital Surgery & Cosmetic Gynecology (ISAGSS & ASCOP USA) | Lahore

review-stars

113 Positive Reviews

Well prolactin level is high and medicine need to be started. However get your follicular tracking to see eģg size. Stress also has bad affect, so try to avoid. Infertiliy treatment is sometimes lengthy and tiring.. Als get your TSHl level checked.

Member of Marham-Forum

TSH report is attached.. its 3.26..
So what should I do? should I consult another gynecologist for prolactin issue?
And what about pcos?
And how can prolactin level can raise from 9 to 46 in 2 months only?
yes that could be the difference that I was in hugeeee stress when the prolactin came to 46 level.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories