Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on High Blood Pressure

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 22 years old, abroad

I need second opinion from gynaecologist as my doctor keeps changing at all appointments. this is my second pregnancy of 35+ weeks and my bp is constantly high since 30 week started.At first, it was high only in doctor appointments but now whenevr i check at home, it always exceed above ( 150/90 , 145/86, 152/89, 160/92) .Let me state that during my first pregnancy i was induced at 39 weeks due to high bp .. However, during my last visit which was at 35 weeks my bp was normal during checkup (130/82) but i did show her my home readings which are always high. My blood tests are normal, no headache or visible symptoms and Alhamdulilaah hearbeat of baby is fine too. The doctor asked me on my 32 week checkup to go to emergency if bp exceeded 140/90, however, i let that pass and now again the doctor has asked me the same even if no headache or other symptoms. my query is , shall i go to emergency now or wait for another week or two so that atleast i reach 37 weeks and baby is full te

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Parveen Zain

Dr. Parveen Zain - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), Diploma In Obstetrics & Gynecology | Lahore

review-stars

10 Positive Reviews

Thanks you must take medicine to keep bp normal nd frequent visit take rest nd check your bp three time a day and have induction at 37 weeks

Post Owner

the doctor has not prescribed any medicine, she just says go to emergency since start of 32 weeks... i do check at home 2 times a day and it is high.. it means is it up to me to wait or just go for induction? everyone says maybe u might not feel visible symptoms but inside your baby is at risk..

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Parveen Zain
Dr. Parveen Zain - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), Diploma In Obstetrics & Gynecology | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 10 Positive Reviews

Thanks for response you need to take medicine for control of bp which should be continue till delivery if bp is high above 140/ 90 you must see dr may admit for a day or two to check bp nd see fetal status with us

4 years ago

Post Owner

thank you for prompt reply doctor :)

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Nazifa Mubashir

Dr. Nazifa Mubashir - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS, MRCOG, Fellowship (Gynecology Laparoscopy) | Karachi

review-stars

505 Positive Reviews

Salam ur readings show u have high BP which has to be controlled during pragnancy. R u taking any Medicines for BP control. Need to discuss this with ur obstetrician because u can only continue till term with no complications if u have ur BP controlled thanks and take care

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

- wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
- Dear high blood pressure in pregnancy need to be monitor and could give hazardous risks to Mother as well as Baby .
-u need strict blood pressure monitoring and in case of high blood pressure urine protein need to be checked immediately.
- other blood tests( related to high BP ) ,scan for fetal well being and electronic fetal monitoring if needed better done in tertiary Care obs centre .
- have Complete treatment of any health issue u have .
avoid salt from diet .
- report and observe Symmptoms strictly as high BP is having many risks for baby and mother can have fits even if with urine protein it is .
- don't wait ,discuss with your treating doctor ,get checked for yourself and baby as well.
- best of luck.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories