Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Irregular Periods

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 24 years old, Gulistan-e-jauhar, Karachi

It's been 2 years to my marriage, I concieved last year but had to go through laparoscopic surgery in April because it was an ectopic pregnancy. My left tube has been removed and the doctor had suggested us to take a break before trying to conceive again. In December,2018 my period got delayed for above 2 weeks after which the doctor made some tests and concluded that I have PCOS which is why I am facing delayed periods. I haven't gained any weight neither do I have any sort of unnecessary hair growth or hair loss or even any pain. For the past three months I am taking Duphaston for making the cycle happen. Can you please guide me what should I do to regulate my cycle and conceive as well.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Parveen Zain

Dr. Parveen Zain - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), Diploma In Obstetrics & Gynecology | Lahore

review-stars

10 Positive Reviews

Thanks if you diagnose as pco you do harmonal essay on day 2 FSH-LH-PROLACTIN nd TSH nd us on day 12 for ovulation.take glucophage 500 mg dailey nd myotol sachet in half glass of water daily for one month it helps in improving your cycle nd ovulation

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

- Wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health consultation.
- Dear I can understand your concern.
- Have few precautions ,few investigation ,better healthy life style ,balanced nutritious Diet ,physical and recreational activities .
- have complete treatment of any health issue u and husband have .
- have daily walk and exercise to maintain Bmi and weight .
- have recreational activities and quit recreational drugs ( request husband to quit smoking) ,have semen analysis.
- have blood tests on day 2 of periods ( testosterone , progesterone ,prolectin ,insulin ,thyroid function test,FSH / LH ) .
- have folic acid daily 5 mgs .
- have sex in fertile period of cycle .
- Have balanced ,well nutritious diet like dry fruits , vegetables ,fruits ,plenty of water ,eggs ,fish etc .
- reduce or minimal intake of Suger ,oil ,spice and salt to avoid any Symmptoms of Pco or need of regular diabetic medications .
- collect labs and follow along
- best of Luck.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif

Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif - Gynecologist

MBBS , FCPS , MRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology) , Diploma (Health Professions Education) , FRCOG | Lahore

review-stars

479 Positive Reviews

Please talk to your gynaecologist whether he/she would like to put you on ovulation induction drugs for conception. ultrasound for egg growth needs to be done when you take such medicines

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry

Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), MRCP (Obstetrics & Gynecology) Ireland | Lahore

review-stars

103 Positive Reviews

With pco , the treatment depends on what u want to do or prioritise, do u want to regularise ur periods becoz treatment for that is going to delay in conception, or u want to conceive. Treatment is different. U should start reducing ur wt, take glucophage and inositol, and follicle maturation drugs if husband semen analysis is fine. Better see a gynaecologist

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories