Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Medical Abortion

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 27 years old, Karachi

I went through a medical abortion on advice of my doctor. She told me that all will be well if bleeding is not extremely heavy. I took the pills on Friday night and went through some moderate bleeding and cramping after a while. I am still having a little bit of bleeding from time to time. Not a lot but since it's Monday today I wanted to know if this is normal. She has told me to get an ultrasound done in the next three weeks so that it's clear that everything has been cleaned out. Should I be concerned about the bleeding? It's not a lot but I am still worried.

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
_Dear if u already have taken medication to induce miscarriage then it will act as well.
-Wil cause cramps, bleeding so it's better to have consultation and contact with same treating doctor who advised medication as heavy bleeding need to be monitored and in case of heavy bleeding might need surgical intervention.
-here u haven't mention your last menstrual period date, period of ammenohrea etc so can't be guided properly.
-in case of heavy bleeding/fainting /weakness /lathargic contact to your treating doctor please.
_best of luck

Post Owner

It was the 7th week when I took the medicine. And my last period date was 1st Jan. I just need to know how long light to moderate bleeding lasts?
Thank you for your reply.

5 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin
Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 28 Positive Reviews

It could differ person to person actually but maximum 21 days. In case of heavy bleed report to treating doctor.
Have balanced diet, iron supplements.

5 years ago

Post Owner

I am taking 1 iberit folic daily.
Thank you so much for the help :)

5 years ago

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Parveen Zain

Dr. Parveen Zain - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), Diploma In Obstetrics & Gynecology | Lahore

review-stars

10 Positive Reviews

Thanks you need to have TVS u/s for any retaned products of conception nd if they are there you need to have DNC

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories