Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Minor Thalassemia

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 28 years old, Karachi

HB 7.8 Pregnancy: 11 weeks Question: My Dr recommend me "Venofer" to recover HB, is it safe to use "Venofer" in 1st trimester?

Gynecologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif

Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif - Gynecologist

MBBS , FCPS , MRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology) , Diploma (Health Professions Education) , FRCOG | Lahore

review-stars

506 Positive Reviews

You need to get investigations to find out the cause of low haemoglobin first like ferritin levels. Haematologist will decide whether iron in your condition is needed or blood transfusion

Post Owner

I have contacted with Haematologist and they suggested me to take folic acid & ferrous sulphate, but my panel Dr told me to use venofer in 1st trimester.
Haematologist told me not to use venofer for now but you can use venofer in 2nd trimester.

11 months ago

Gynecologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif
Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif - Gynecologist

MBBS , FCPS , MRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology) , Diploma (Health Professions Education) , FRCOG | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 506 Positive Reviews

Follow haematologist advice

11 months ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Iffat Rizwana

Dr. Iffat Rizwana - Gynecologist

MBBS , FCPS (Obstetrics and Gynecology) | Karachi

review-stars

57 Positive Reviews

yes it is save, you cannot take tab or cap
but you have to do more tests to know what is reason for anemia , to exclude thalassemia and other genetic , problems iron ,binding levels before starting treatment

Post Owner

Actually it’s start from my family and now because of this Dr suggested me to take folic acid and ferrous sulphate when HB was around 10-9.5.
But now in the recent CBC report my HB is dropped to 7.8 which is alarming according to gynaecologist.

11 months ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Nudrat Zehra

Dr. Nudrat Zehra - Gynecologist

MBBS, Diploma In Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MRCOG (1 & 2) | Karachi

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

what are the anemia investigations reports?do u have any history of low hb...medically issue or its just in pregnancy ?

Post Owner

I have Minor Thalassemia history, so normally my HB drops at 10-9.5 but after pregnancy now it’s drop to 7.8 in 11 weeks of pregnancy.

11 months ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Nudrat Zehra
Dr. Nudrat Zehra - Gynecologist

MBBS, Diploma In Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MRCOG (1 & 2) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 1 Positive Reviews

how thalassemia diagnosed?any labs?it's beta or alpha?need a lot details to guide....its better to book appointment

11 months ago

Gynecologist in Faisalabad - Dr. Rizwana Rizvi

Dr. Rizwana Rizvi - Gynecologist

| MBBS | FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | | Faisalabad

review-stars

30 Positive Reviews

Peripheral film get done and serum ferreting level to know the type of anaemia .

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories