Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Miscarriage

person-avatar

Asking for Sister, Female, 26 years old, U.S.A.

Salam! I’ve had two early miscarriages. On my third pregnancy now and dr has prescribed me progesterone suppositories and baby aspirin. I don’t live in pakistan and they only prescribe this if you’ve had two or more miscarriages. Dr has asked to stop taking it from 11 weeks. I am concerned as in pakistan people continue until second trimester. Please recommend and what other can I ask to monitor the pregnancy and prevent another miscarriage?

Gynecologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif

Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif - Gynecologist

MBBS , FCPS , MRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology) , Diploma (Health Professions Education) , FRCOG | Lahore

review-stars

479 Positive Reviews

Continue loprin till 34/35 weeks and continue progesterone till 12/13 weeks

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

- well come and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
- Dear Multiple Miscarriages need investigations ,precautions and treatment Accordingly.
- have u Better continue Medications Aspirin and progesterone till complete 2,ND trimester .in case of bleeding or spotting can stop aspirin.
- u can have hormones in form of tablet Duphaston 10 mgs twice or thrice daily .till late 2nd trimester to support pregnancy .
- avoid weight lifting ,sex ,stairs ,exersion ,stress or any thing that can trigger bleeding .
- have Complete treatment for any health issue u have.
- have Recreational activities.
- regular Antenatal visits and scans .
- best of Luck.

Member of Marham-Forum

Thanks! The dr here mentioned that placenta takes over by 10-12 weeks and that progesterone should be stopped? By continuing to take progesterone, you are masking the placenta's job. Prescribed prometrium 200 mg night and 100 mg vaginally.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories