Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on No Periods

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 16 years old, Karachi

I got my first period when I was 11 years old and when I think about it my periods were regular until few years probably since I turned 14 or 15. Now, I get periods after every one month or two sometimes. Do I have pcos? I haven't done any tests yet however if theres any other reason to my periods being irregular please let me know. I'm underweight - I don't eat much. Should I start eating more? I am really worried.

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-Dear u are teenager still. In phase of reproductive development, so can have ovulatory, anovulatory, regular or irregular Cycles.
-due to weight gain and weight loss or high or low Bmi both can prolong Cycles could cause anovulatory cycles and could cause disturbance in cycle.
-I will not recommend U any medications Now.
-to be on safe side u can have blood tests(on day 2 of periods serum progesterone, prolectin, insulin, thyroid function test, fsh and lh, testosterone) and scan pelvis with full bladder as unmarried (can't have per vaginal).
-have balanced diet with proper Exercise, yoga and walk.
-should have balanced Bmi.
-proper recreational physical activities.
-I hope u got my point.
-best of luck.
-don't take any hormones take above precautions and if too anxious have blood tests as advised above on day 2of periods and scan and follow up with reports.

Member of Marham-Forum

Thankyou Doctor :)

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories