Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Pregnancy

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 30 years old, Lahore

Aoa, married and 3 c sec kids. Expecting 4th time. I wna ask 1.Is gestational diabetes continues after delivery? 2. Is it ok to have amniotic fluid range 20 at 36+2 weeks? 3. What's the reason of raised amniotic fluid? 4. Any way to normalize it?

Gynecologist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Sadia Ahmad

Asst. Prof. Dr. Sadia Ahmad - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), CMT, MHPE, Fellowship in Aesthetic Genital Surgery & Cosmetic Gynecology (ISAGSS & ASCOP USA) | Lahore

review-stars

113 Positive Reviews

Yes...patient with gestational diabetes are at risk of type 2 diabetes...so need to confirm 6weeks after delivery that your fasting blood sugar is normal. Amniotic fluid of 20 is normal. Controlling Blood sugar levels will help to reduce amniotic fluid if cause is diabetes

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Mobeen Riaz

Dr. Mobeen Riaz - Gynecologist

| MBBS | FCPS (OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY) | | Lahore

review-stars

21 Positive Reviews

patients with gestational diabetes can have raised bsl even after delivery ...if it remain raised it means they have diabetes so better to take treatment after delivery tooo....
2)this amniotic fluid is in normal range but towards higher side so if you have histroy of gestational diabetes in last pregnancy it is better to check your 3-4 levels of sugar to rule out that this slightly increased amniotic fluid is not due to diabetes...
3)raised amniotic fluid can have many reasons like diabetes ...anomalies in baby and many more
4)as you are already 36+2 better to get your blood sugars checked regularly ...get your proper consultation with your dr to determine the time of delivery and to get your detailed evaluation for further plan

Member of Marham-Forum

Mam i don't have any history of diabetes. N yesterday i got checked my random sugar level and it result 88.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories