Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Pregnancy

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 30 years old, Uae

I had anencephalic pregnancy Now I conceived again I have been taking folic acid before 3 months and still taking doc has also given some folic acid injection It’s around 13 weeks now I have done ist trimester screening test and now doc requested for PAPP-A BHCG test rather than AFP test Still al going fine but I am worried when it will confirm that my pregnancy is healthy and how accurate these test r

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you for posting your query.
We are sorry to hear about your problem. We have tagged relevant doctors for your problem. Please wait they will reply you soon.
Thank you.

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-Dear many factors combined to use to calculate risk of abnormality in fetus include mothers age, family history or previous history of abnormal child, nuchal translucency, serum marker like double marker tests or qudriple tests (4 different hormones like inhibin, beta hcg, Papp-a and Estriol use to measure either normal or abnormal etc.
-as u have previous abnormal child history so it need to have strict check and Control over next pregnancies.need recurrent check in addition to normal tests like anomaly scan at 20 wks and cardiac out flow scan at 22 wks to Exclude any abnormality.
-nuchal translucency less then 2.99mm is normal.
-better to have regular follow ups, scan, investigations and monitoring to have better out come.
-best of luck.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories