Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Water Discharge

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 26 years old, Lahore

Aoa ! I am 22 weeks pregnant , last week I went to doc and told her that I am having water sort of clear non smelly non itchy discharge from 2 days , she prescribed me flagyl 3 times a day for 5 days , whenever I eat flagyl I have a very strong burning sensation in chest and stomach and unable to eat anything ! What should I do ? Is this water discharge a thing to worry ? As there isn't any difference in the discharge as I am also taking flagyl ?

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Asima Fazal

Dr. Asima Fazal - General Practitioner

MBBS, ECFMG | Lahore

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

Walikum salam. A small amount of amount of clear, non smelling, non itching vaginal discharge is nothing to worry about and most probably it is not due to any infection. But if the discharge is in large amounts you should go to your doctor to make sure you are not leaking the liqour. Also your doctor has prescribed you flagyl as she may have considered it important , but if you are having the side effects of heart burn you should take some milk or yogurt to help ease it.

Post Owner

How can I measure that the discharge is in large amount ? When should I worry about the discharge ? What precautionary measures should be taken to stop the discharge ?
Thankyou Soo much for replying , actually it's my first pregnancy and I feel lost because my doc is saying something and when I search on Google it says something else ,

6 years ago

MBBS, ECFMG | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 1 Positive Reviews

Trust your doctor and don't confuse yourself from google. Sometimes medical terms are not well understood by common people. Well by large amount I mean a gush of fluid coming out which may feel as you passed out urine . If anything like this happens during pregnancy , one must go to emergency. Other than that vaginal infections are common during pregnancy but since you mentioned the discharge is clear , non smelling so most likely it is not an infection but your doctor may have prescribed you flagyl to be on safe side so that if there is any infection it is cleared.

6 years ago

Post Owner

Thankyou Soo much doctor ! I feel much satisfied now , May Allah tallah bless u for everything you are doing for us

6 years ago

MBBS, ECFMG | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 1 Positive Reviews

Welcome. Ameen

6 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online