Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Trying To Conceive With PCOS

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 28 years old, Lahore, karachi

Hi, i am trying to conceive since 2 years but in vain. My doctor kept me on folic acid and metformin 850mg twice daily for one whole year,after being diagnosed with mild PCOS. I went to another doctor 10 months ago, who suggested clomid to me (along with Metformin and Ovacure twice daily). My ultrasound doesn't show cystic ovaries anymore. So far I have done 4 clomid cycles(2x50 mg and 2x100mg) and on 5th one (100 mg) right now. I have also taken 3 trigger shots with clomid and did a separate cycle of gonal f injections, which resulted in strong ovulation and 3 mature follicles. Husband's reports are all good and so are mine. I have had good ovulation and mature follicles every time. Periods are also regular. Now my Dr says after 6th round of clomid, the only option is IVF. My question is Shall I try IUI first before IVF? I am so frustrated now and want to stop trying now.

Member of Marham-Forum

Edit: after 3rd cycle of clomid, I went for hsg test and there was no blockage at all.

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Asima Fazal

Dr. Asima Fazal - General Practitioner

MBBS, ECFMG | Lahore

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

First of all I am very sorry that you are going through this struggle of difficulty in conceiving. Sometimes there is no success despite normal reports and positive ovulation. Such cases are categorized as unexplained. If your tubes are normal and if you think that the next step should be less invasive as well as less expensive you can first for IUI. Regarding IUI the success rate is just around 10 percent while for Ivf it is 30 percent.
Wishing you all the best. May you blessed with a healthy baby soon. Ameen

Post Owner

Ameen. Thank you so much for your prompt and encouraging reply. :)
One more thing, is it possible to get rid of PCOS, completely?

6 years ago

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Asima Fazal
Dr. Asima Fazal - General Practitioner

MBBS, ECFMG | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 1 Positive Reviews

Yes some patients do get rid of pcos completely but unfortunately not all patients.

6 years ago

Gynecologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Shaheena Asif

Prof. Dr. Shaheena Asif - Gynecologist

MBBS. MRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology), FRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

945 Positive Reviews

Your tubes are open or not
This fact decides you do iui or ivf

Post Owner

Yes, they are open.

6 years ago

Attach Photo here: