Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on GERD, Gaping LES And Anxiety

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 30 years old, Karachi

I had been diagnosed GERD and gaping LES after endoscopy as well as anxiety been on medication novipraz and cidine + librax further to that according to my gastroenterologist worsening of condition is directly related to anxiety for which I was treated with cipralex and xanax for 3 months and than discontinued, at start my condition got better but now for past two years the acid reflux and anxiety is on and off sometimes months go by without issues and sometimes I get two to three consecutive panic attacks with in a week, panic attacks starts like heavy and difficult breathing with chest tightness and feeling of lump in thorat with palpitations and pounding heart beats. Now a days its getting worse and I dont know what to do, this condition is totally effecting personal and professional life where I had to take 2 to 3 days off from office because I cant concentrate, please guide what to do

Member of Marham-Forum

This picture depicts Phobic Anxiety, and we have to see either it has started first or GERD started first? Relation of anxiety with GERD and other aspects of biological and psychosocial environment. Antidepressants like cipralex or xyz has to be continued till 6-9 months with follow-up assessment. Better to consult a Psychiatrist for proper evaluation and management. Thank you.

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1414 Positive Reviews

Welcome, as your case is clear towards anxiety symptoms as GIT symptoms are of not any other medical illness but anxiety symptoms and now the quality of life is being affected so it is very important to have a proper consultation with a psychiatrist, as antidepressant medications have given good results, in anxiety or in depression physical symptoms reflects our thoughts, emotions, and feelings, you have to identify what are the triggers of anxiety , identify the thoughts coming in your mind before or during anxiety symptoms and ask yourself what do you feel and think that what will happen during the symptoms or any other psychosocial issues are currently there or in past which may be the factor to have these symptoms and our personality and way of thinking also triggers the anxiety. I would suggest getting an expert psychiatric opinion would be better. Thank you

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories