Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Acne Scars

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 24 years old, Karachi

I had pesky acne which cleared up two months ago. The scars are stubborn n just won't lighten. I am attaching a picture, could a derm please help me out. The scars are not only annoying but embarrasing.

Member of Marham-Forum

Most of the acne of your age leaves some scars. These are normal process and requires time. Although a dermatology consult will only guide you to reduce further residual of the course. I would recommend to get a plastic surgery consult which will require you to go for an epidermal reconstruction. Best is to wait and see how your skin reacts and adapts this course.

Post Owner

Hi. What I understand from you response is I should let it take its course? I have now gone back to trying out home remedies though.

7 years ago

Cosmetic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Abdul Malik Mujahid

Dr. Abdul Malik Mujahid - Cosmetic Surgeon

MBBS,FCPS (in plastic surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

I feel still ur acne is not completely cleared . Still some red pimples are there showing still it is present and can u tell me what treatment u took . For acne scar treatment if u used isotretinoin then u will need to wait for 3-6 month minimum before going for scar treatment. During this time u can continue with sun protection.

Post Owner

Hi. So I toom diane 35 as oral n benclin gel as topical for acne since it was hormonal. I did use hyrdroquinon after for acne scarring. Could possibly let me knw how to clear out the remaining acne n scars?

7 years ago

Post Owner

Hi. So I took diane 35 as oral n benclin gel as topical for acne since it was hormonal. I did use hyrdroquinon after for acne scarring. Could you possibly let me knw how to clear out the remaining acne n scars? The acne I believed had diminished.

7 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories