Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Sleep Disorder Too Sleepy

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 43 years old, Karachi

Hello, It has been more than 15 years I am too tired and sleepy all day. I am not diabetic (already tested multiple times).

This has now become more difficult - staying awake is the biggest challenge.

Weight = 75kg Height = 5' 7" Lifestyle = Active ( For last 3+ years, I ride bicycle for 45 minutes every day )

Please let me know what to be done. It kills my productivity.

Member of Marham-Forum

salam,
Daytime sleepiness can be caused by sleep disorders. If you are excessively sleepy consistently during the day even when you sleep well or if you fall asleep without warning during daily activities, you may have a sleep disorder such as narcolepsy or sleep apnea, a breathing problem that occurs during sleep.

Narcolepsy: Narcolepsy's main symptoms are excessive sleepiness during the day or recurring "sleep attacks" that cause people to fall asleep uncontrollably during normal waking hours. ... Some people with narcolepsy experience sleep paralysis, where they can't move when falling asleep or just waking up
please get your Vit D and ferretin levels checked
also get your thyriod levels checked as well.
do you snore alot at night and keep waking up as well?
normally the above Sx are a result of some underlying causes other then DM.
weigh reduction is one advice and see the doctor for assessment and treatment for sure.

thanks

Member of Marham-Forum

walaikum assalam,

Thanks, further detail...

ANSWERS
- Sleep paralysis? never.
- Sleep attacks ? never.
- Snoring? - very rarely almost never.

Actually these symptoms are intermittent.
But I very rarely get a refreshing & Sound Sleep.

One apparent reason, that possibly affects my sleep is - saliva/drooling during sleep.

Thanks again.

Member of Marham-Forum

now that it has become a chronic issue it may need assessment and i would suggest try not to take sleep medications unless its advised by the doctor for short period of times.
increasing exercising time and losing weight is one way to check if the Sx improve.
also sleep studies a very informative way to find out about the pattern and brain activity.
hope this helps.
thanks

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Aneel Kumar Keswani - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) | Karachi

review-stars

1407 Positive Reviews

Hi there, you probably need to be assessed properly, you should go for some lab test; 1) CB, 2) LFT, 3) TSH level, 4) Vit D3 level, 5) S. Calcium level, 6) B12 level. further assessment require sleep history for which if there is any problem in sleep cycle that needs to be fixed like sleep and wake up timings should be fixed, monitor the bedtime and sleep time, try not to sleep in the late night and if you wake up late in the morning in order to complete your sleep then you would have difficult to have good sleep because with this you are completing your sleep cycle in 24 hours which is required 7 to 8 hours sleep, try to avoid using any thing which stimulates the brain and affects the sleep like late night sleep already mentioned, smoking or any other addictive things, excessive water at bedtinme, heavy meals, use of mobile, tv or any other gadget, chit chat, late night excercise, excercise after meal, if you avoid these things then you would have sound sleep. better to go for a brisk walk for at least 30 to 45 minutes early in the morning or early in the evening with an empty stomach which is scientifically approved, if you have still sleep problem then you consult a doctor for assessment thanks

Member of Marham-Forum

thanks dear doctors - both of you.

To clarify: apparently there's some glitch, my profile looks like "Asking for Female, 24 Years, Karachi".
Actually the question and all details belong to me i.e. Male 43.

Regards,

Member of Marham-Forum

Aoa please give me suggestion.. I want to become pshycologist. What should i do for?

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories