Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gastroenterologist on Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 23 years old, Karachi

I have had IBS for as long as I can remember. I have been been to a couple of gastroenterologists; the first one told me right away that I had IBS and prescribed a whole list of medicines. He also specified the foods I should stay away from. Interestingly, he had also prescribed an anti depressant telling me that it would help me sleep; I don't have trouble sleeping so I was concerned. I decided to visit a therapist just to be sure if I needed an anti-depressant, she told me that I was only mildly depressed and did not need any medications to deal with this.

Then I went to a second doctor recently, who strangely was adamant on making me believe that there is nothing wrong with me. He tried to simplify IBS down to a small problem and that I dont need any medication to deal with it and was perfectly fine. He assigned Mebeverine HCL which I have been taking for a couple of months now.

My IBS has pretty much been the same. I cannot figure what foods trigger it, how can I help it mak

Gastroenterologist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Wajid Hussain

Dr. Wajid Hussain - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS (Internal Medicine) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

70 Positive Reviews

consult even on online

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Mohsin Shah

Dr. Muhammad Mohsin Shah - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Lahore

review-stars

245 Positive Reviews

For permanent treatment contact us

https://www.marham.pk/doctors/khanewal/homeopath/dr-muhammad-mohsin-shah
consult online

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Dr. Usman Javaid

Dr. Usman Javaid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, Diploma in Gastroenterology (UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), Member European Society of Gastroenterology | Lahore

review-stars

710 Positive Reviews

to get to the perfect diagnosis you need to get a colonoscopy done to see where the problem lies
increase your water intake and fibre diet

Gastroenterologist in Karachi - Dr. Muhammad Tanweer Khalid

Dr. Muhammad Tanweer Khalid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gastroentrology) | Karachi

review-stars

104 Positive Reviews

before diagnosing IBS we need to rule out any organic cause then will label as IBS...u need proper workup...meet a gastroenterologist..dnt go hospital.
take online appointment..propery history...and then workup..then medication...dnt take medications blindly

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gastroenterologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories