Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Psychological Or Neurological Problems

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 36, Dera Ghazi Khan

Aoa respected Doctors... I am using tablets for almost one year when I was student of m. Phil research work... a psychologist diagnosed me 1.epival 500 mg. 1 sensival 25mg. and Elp 0.05 mg daily for relaxation and be in normal life... but after 5 months I can not revisit to doctor again... but after a year..... now I am addicted of These tablets... if I have unable to take dose even a single night I can not sleep with out them..... so please here any one psychologist or neurologist.. who can resolve this problem...please guide me... thanks and waiting for answer...

Psychiatrist in Islamabad - Dr. Qasim Malik

Dr. Qasim Malik - Psychiatrist

MBBS , FCPS (Psychiatry) , ( Fellowship in Child and adolescents Psychiatry ) UK | Islamabad

review-stars

69 Positive Reviews

I need to ask few questions. why u started taking these medicines ? What were signs n symptoms at that time ? Currently do u have any behavioural disturbances?One need to explore ur case in detail to reach some diagnosis before giving any opinion.Thanx

Post Owner

sir.. I was facing trouble in sleep... because a lot of trouble and pressure on my mind due to my research work and I was unable to sleep at night.... I visited a doctor every month for follow up... he said you have to be relaxd your mind and due to mental pressure you have theses symptoms... so he suggested these medicines... but after 4 months I could not visit... meanwhile I stop taking the medicine few days but I realized that I am not feeling well...

3 years ago

Post Owner

sir... in those days I slept at night.. during sleep my mind was looking awake and in working process... but when I take medicine I get sleep and relaxation of my masculrs activities relax... but now sir I am feeling so upset... now I am addicted of these medicines

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Yes, Dr Qasim Malik is right, first detailed assessment is required in your case, then we can guide you regarding your problem.

Post Owner

yes ma'am...you can assess

3 years ago

Post Owner

comment part 1....... I was facing trouble in sleep... because a lot of trouble and pressure on my mind due to my research work and I was unable to sleep at night.... I visited a doctor every month for follow up... he said you have to be relaxd your mind and due to mental pressure you have theses symptoms... so he suggested these medicines... but after 4 months I could not visit... meanwhile I stop taking the medicine few days but I realized that I am not feeling well... in those days I slept at night.. during sleep my mind was looking awake and in working process..

3 years ago

Post Owner

comment post 2........but when I take medicine I get sleep and relaxation of my masculrs activities relax... but now sir I am feeling so upset... now I am addicted of these medicines

3 years ago

You have to book appointment then.

3 years ago

Psychologist in Lahore - Ms. Zain Tahir

Ms. Zain Tahir - Psychologist

MS Clinical Psychology, BS Behavioral Sciences, Autism Certificate-03 | Lahore

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

Dear patient,
Have you never visited any Psychologist? in the first place, you needed counselling and psychotherapy. Medications alone and that too with abrupt dosages (taking and not taking medicine on your own) won't help you.
Consider booking an appointment with a Psychologist to get yourself more help and feel better.

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Shahzeb

Dr. Shahzeb - General Practitioner

MBBS | Lahore

review-stars

120 Positive Reviews

Yes u r addicted and this needs proper treatment according to latest American guidelines... U can contact me through marham... InshaAllah u will b fine after one month course of medication

042-32591427,

https://www.marham.pk/doctors/lahore/general-practitioner/dr-shahzeb

Psychiatrist in Mansehra - Dr. Omar Murtaza Sheikh

Dr. Omar Murtaza Sheikh - Psychiatrist

MD, MCPS (Psychiatry) | Mansehra

review-stars

50 Positive Reviews

Walaikum salaam wrwb,
There are some things one should understand,
If a person is under treatment of any certified doctor of relevant field, you cannot say that the patient has gotten addicted to them, if the medication is taken without proper consult and self medication is done that is another story.
As for your case there seem like you had some issues, and were prescribed the medication mentioned above.
I would suggest you to re consult a psychiatrist for re evaluation, and further plan for management,
You might need both medicine and sessions for better outcome. Regards.

Post Owner

thank you so much Sir for your valuable advice

3 years ago

Psychiatrist in Faisalabad - Dr. Nazia Tanveer

Dr. Nazia Tanveer - Psychiatrist

MBBS , MCPS (PSYCHIATRY) , FCPS (PSYCHIATRY) | Faisalabad

review-stars

35 Positive Reviews

Dear, psychlogist can't advice medicine, consult psychiatrist to revise your treatment, after getting better, medicine must be tapered slowly to avoid side effects

Psychiatrist in Karachi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Washdev Amar

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Washdev Amar - Psychiatrist

MBBS, FCPS (Psychiatry), ICAP (II) | Karachi

review-stars

78 Positive Reviews

Dear Concern
Answering specifically your question, alp can cause dependency, your doctor May advice u other methods for sleep (sleep hygiene). One must not abrupt stop it. Your doctor will switch on other and stop with time.. for other medicines again question is what were reasons to start and whats ur condition now.
So better to consult a good psychiatrist there for medicines..

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories