Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Neuro Physician on Trigeminal Neuralgia

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Female, 60 years old, Europe

trigeminal neuralgia in facial nerves on both sides, last 30 years. takes tablets Neurontin 600mg and this helps a little like 5-10%. Butt to get pain free she get injections local blocks directly on the facial nerves with Marcain and xylocaine. sometime she is pain free for 1-2 months and other time 6-9 months. The longest effected she have is 1 year. It’s different result from time to time.. Now lately we have done this treatment regularly for 3 months every Thursday, without any good results. She is only pain free for 4-5 hour, then all pain comes back. Today doctors did intravenously treatment for one hour with ketamin, midazolam B. Braun. Nerves could calm down, and set local block on the facial. Effect only lasted for 4-5 hours.

We have taken this MRI of the head 2015, didn’t find any nerve that was damage/collected/clamp.

can she get this injections treatment and same medication in Pakistan? Do you have any new solutions for this problem?

Neurologist in Quetta - Dr. Ahmed Wali

Dr. Ahmed Wali - Neurologist

FCPS (Neurology), Fellowship Neurophysiology (AKU), Diplomat American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology (DABCN), | Quetta

review-stars

705 Positive Reviews

The best treatment is surgery.
Its called Microvascular decompression.
Consult a good surgeon in Pakistan.
I would prefer Dr.Ather Enam in Aga khan university.Karachi.

Post Owner

First I just wants to thanks all DR how have given me feedback, may Allah make you life easier and all your duaa kabul.

In Pakistan I am from Punjab, to do this
Decompressive Surgery I want treatment nearby Lahore ore Islamabad. This will be the easiest, mom is old almost 66 year old.
Any recommendations where we can do this Decompressive surgery? Price?

I have done som google search, find 2 more treatment nr 1 Gamma knife radio surgery this is in Karachi to expensive for us.
Nr 2
Transseptal Puncture radio frequency, do you know we’re in Pakistan this treatment is available?

Now for 2 days my mom haven’t eaten, drinking and sleeping anything, the pain is so bad :-(

4 years ago

Neurologist in Quetta - Dr. Ahmed Wali

Dr. Ahmed Wali - Neurologist

FCPS (Neurology), Fellowship Neurophysiology (AKU), Diplomat American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology (DABCN), | Quetta

review-stars

705 Positive Reviews

once and for all

Neurologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Mujeeb Ur Rehman Abid

Prof. Dr. Mujeeb Ur Rehman Abid - Neurologist

MBBS, FCPS, MRCP, FRCP (London) | Lahore

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

Decompressive Surgery is a well known and well tested procedure. Many ways to do it. Please consult a Neurosurgeon.

Neurologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Sajjad Naseer

Prof. Dr. Sajjad Naseer - Neurologist

MBBS, FCPS (Neurology), MRCP (Ireland ), MRCP (UK), FAAN, FRCP, American Board of Electro Diagnostic Medicine, | Lahore

review-stars

1889 Positive Reviews

Asslamu alaikum Thanks for consulting There are other medicines recommended for the same problem with combinations Can you visit me

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories