What is Rheumatology?
Rheumatology is the study of arthritis, rheumatism and other disorders of the joints, muscles and ligaments. Furthermore, it also deals with the systemic autoimmune conditions, commonly referred to as rheumatic diseases.
What Are The Doctors Of Rheumatology Called?
A rheumatologist is a specialist who is proficient in the treatment of musculoskeletal (muscular + skeletal) and systemic autoimmune diseases.
When Is It A Good Time To See A Rheumatologist?
You should be concious of the following changes in your body that may point towards the development of a rheumatic disease and instantly book an appointment with a rheumatologist:
- Diagnosed with arthritis or a rheumatic disease
- Joint pain and/or swelling
- Abnormal blood test results
What Do The Doctors Of Rheumatology Treat?
- Antinuclear Antibodies (ANA)
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Calcium Pyrophosphate Deposition (CPPD)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cryopyrin-Associated Autoinflammatory Syndrome (CAPS) (Juvenile)
- Dermatomyositis (Juvenile)
- Familial Mediterranean Fever (Juvenile)
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Glucocorticoid-induced Osteoporosis
- Granulomatosis with Polyangitis (Wegener’s)
- HCV & Rheumatic Diseases
- HIV & Rheumatic Diseases
- Hypermobility (Juvenile)
- Hyperimmunoglobulin D Syndrome (Juvenile)
- Inflammatory Myopathies
- Juvenile Arthritis
- Localized Scleroderma (Juvenile)
- Lyme Disease
- Metabolic Myopathies
- Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (ONJ)
- Paget’s Disease of Bone
- PFAPA (Periodic Fever, Aphthous Stomatitis, Pharyngitis, Adenitis Syndrome) (Juvenile)
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Raynaud’s Phenomenon
- Reactive Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sjögren’s Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (Juvenile)
- Takayasu’s Arteritis
- Tendinitis & Bursitis
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor Associated Periodic Syndrome (Juvenile)
Now you can find best rheumatologists near you in all major cities of Pakistan