All around the globe, 20% of all 5-year-old children a 10% of 7-year-olds are in the habit of wetting bed during sleep in the night. Maybe your beloved child is one of those suffering from urinary incontinence, then you must be interested in getting know the reasons and cure of this awkward situation. Here we are to help you.
After celebrating the 5th birthday if your child is still unable to control his bladder then it is the sign of worry especially when you noticed following:
- He is never being dry at night.
- He wets the bed 2 to 3 times a week over 3 months or more.
- He started wetting the bed again after 6 months of dry nights.
Till the date, no single reason is found as the culprit of urinary incontinence in kids. But it may happen due to following reasons;
- Psychological stress like a change of school, overwork in class or some family issue. To solve this kind of stress you can find the best child psychiatrist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan by logging on to Marham.pk.
- Developmental issues or poor physical development.
- Overproduction of urine.
- Bladder muscular problems. It is the most serious and dangerous cause, you should take help from a skilled urologist in this regard. On Marham.pk, you can find the best urologist in Karachi or any other city of Pakistan.
- Inability to respond to the normal physiological signals associated with the bladder to empty it.
Treatment of urinary incontinence is based on two methods:
Certain behavioral modifications which work surely to cover up urinary incontinence problem.
- Positive reinforcement.
- Encouraging frequent daytime voiding.
- Periodically waking the child at night to empty bladder.
- Restricting fluid intake prior to bed.
In addition to behavioral modification, in some cases, medication is the ultimate need. Varieties of drugs are available in this regard but they have significant potential for side effects. So discuss it with the best medical professional. On Marham.pk you can book an appointment with the best child specialist in Karachi, Lahore and other main cities of Pakistan to find the best treatment option for your child.
- Do not be a sheriff, your little one is helpless in front of his urinary incontinence and needs your help.
Few Most Popular Child Specialists in Lahore:
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options For 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018