5mg Primolut-N contains Norethisterone and is used as a hormone replacement therapy. It is prescribed for the treatment of gynecological disorders such as premenstrual syndrome. Primolut-N tablet is also used to treat endometriosis, breast cancer, and menorrhagia.
Manufacturer: Bayer Pharma
Drug class: Progestogens
Product form: Tablet
Consult a doctor for a prescription before using the Primolut N tablet.
A synthetic hormone (chemical messenger) that imitates the natural female sex hormone progesterone makes up Primolut-N 5mg Tablet (a female hormone crucial for maintaining the menstrual cycle and pregnancy).
It is used to treat various menstruation issues, including endometriosis (abnormal growth of the uterus/womb lining), painful, heavy, or irregular periods, etc.
The drug can also be used as a contraceptive to avoid unintended pregnancies. Sometimes, this medication is administered at higher doses to treat breast cancer.
The dosage of this medication will be chosen by your doctor based on the condition you are treating with it.
Price of Primolut-N in Pakistan
Primolut-N 5mg tablet price ranges between 10-15 PKR per tablet. The exact price can vary depending on the manufacturer.
Primolut-N Tablet Uses
- Menstrual abnormalities: Primolut N is used to treat period irregularities and delays. Women often experience irregular menstruation, such as missing their period for a few months, having periods that last barely two days, or having heavy periods that last for more than a week. Primolut regulates the normal cycle by adjusting the hormonal levels.
- Endometriosis treatment: Progestogens, a class of female hormones, are present in this tablet. Primolut N tablets are used to treat endometriosis, a condition in which the tissue lining of the uterus develops in locations other than where it normally does.
- Treatment of PMS: The symptoms of Pre-menstrual syndrome, known as PMS, is treated with Primolut N Tablet. Women may experience mood swings, increased body hair growth, and a sense of impending sadness for no apparent reason. The condition is treated by hormonal therapy.
- Delaying menstruation: Sometimes, this medication is also used to delay menstruation. Taking this medication stops the menstrual cycle, and periods are no longer experienced. The menstrual cycle resumes and the period begins when this tablet is discontinued.
Read Also: How to get periods immediately in one hour.
Side Effects of Primolut-N
Primolut-N Tablet side effects include;
- Weight gain
- Vaginal itching
- Skin Reactions
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Breast pain and tenderness
- Loss of libido
- Depressed mood
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
Concerns about Primolut-N
Following are some concerns of people about taking the tablet, which are going to discuss below pointers;
- Primolut N 5 mg Tablet’s time to take effect varies from person to person. The amount of other sex hormones in your body and your planned use also affect how it changes.
- Depending on the intended use and dosage, the duration of treatment varies.
- Primolut N 5 mg Tablet usage is not advised if you are pregnant or breastfeeding as it can cross the placenta and is secreted in breast milk.
Hence, consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- You can take Primolut N 5 mg Tablet with or without food.
- Never take more or less than your doctor has advised or prescribed.
- Make careful to finish the prescribed treatment schedule.
- Without first consulting your doctor, do not discontinue using this drug.
- You can experience spotting or bleeding in between cycles due to the tablet.
Some other important details related to the Primolut-N tablet are given below;
Take 2 to 3 pills per day as part of the recommended dosage for this medication. However, in some circumstances, doctors suggest taking one tablet daily.
The experts advise taking Primolut N Tablet daily as per the prescribed schedule, but it’s not always necessary. The only remedy is to take the medicine as directed by the doctor.
Each medicine has a unique interaction with each individual. Before beginning any medication, discuss with your doctor all potential interactions.
Interaction with Alcohol
Alcohol and its interaction with Primolut N are unknown. It is advised to speak with your doctor before using.
Interaction with Medicine
- Mycophenolate Mofetil
- Fluid Retention and edema
- Retinal thrombosis
Following are some warnings to know before the use of Primolut-N Tablet
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in the medicine.
- Various eye anomalies are reported using the medicine. Therefore practice caution.
- Primolut may cause alterations in blood sugar levels. If you are diabetic, keep track of your sugar levels.
- Avoid prolonged use of the medicine as it may result in weight gain.
Substitutes of Primolut-N tablet
Following is the list of the substitutes for Primolut-N
- Prevent N 5mg Tablet. by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Cycloreg Tablet. by Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Hyston 5mg Tablet. by Eskag Pharma Pvt Ltd.
- Sysron-N Tablet. by Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd.
1. Will Primolut stop your periods?
Primolut N is used to stop your periods and manage heavy bleeding. Taking the tablet 10 days before your cycle date can stop the periods. The normal menstrual cycle begins within 3 days after stopping the therapy.
2. Does Primolut-N cause weight gain?
Some persons who take Primolut-N may gain weight.
3. Can lactating females use Primolut-N medicine?
Before using this medication, talk to your doctor because it is unknown how it will affect a lactating woman.
Disclaimer: The content published on Marham.pk is for informational or educational purposes only, produced from FDA-approved literature, and does not substitute professional medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider before using a prescription or over-the-counter drug, or any other treatment option.