Childbirth is a painfully beautiful moment that every pregnant mother awaits. Having to finally see her infant after a long wait of 9 months is one of the greatest moments of a mother’s life. Despite the joy, childbirth greatly exhausts a mother’s body, especially in case of a C-section (cesarean) delivery.
Health-care of the Mother is Crucial after Delivery:
It’s critical for every mother to have enough recovery time in her postpartum period (the days following childbirth) because the maternal mortality rate is highest in the postpartum period. So special attention must be given to mother’s care and well-being. Staying under the consultation of an experienced gynecologist is mandatory during this period. Choose the best gynecologist in Karachi, Best Gynecologists In Lahore and Best Gynecologists In Islamabad or any other main city of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
Cesarean delivery takes longer to recover compared to that of a normal vaginal delivery. After any kind of delivery, the mother should not be subjected to any physical or emotional load. Sufficient rest and partner’s support are the keys to a speedy recovery.
Here are some effective suggestions that will help you to recover after a C-section so that you will have less time feeling painful and exhausted, and more time to bond with your baby.
10 Tips and Suggestions for a Speedy Recovery:
1. C-section is a major surgery, and like any other major surgeries, it takes time to heal. You should expect a delay of 3-4 days (longer in case of complications) before your discharge from the hospital. It will take about 6-8 weeks for the incision to completely heal.
2. You will be encouraged to go to the bathroom within the first 24 hours of surgery. It will help you to become accustomed to moving around with your incision. Remember to move slowly because you might become dizzy or breathless.
3. If you want to use medication for your pain relief, get a prescription and information about its side-effects for both yourself and your child.
4. When your uterus begins involution (shrinking of the uterus to its pre-pregnancy size), you will experience heavy bleeding which is called lochia. It can continue for 6 weeks. You will need to have menstrual pads with extra absorbing capacity. Don’t use tampons during this time.
5. After your discharge, you should avoid lifting heavy objects and most of the household work. Keep your activity level fairly low and take plenty of rest to speed up your healing process.
6. Keep your body properly hydrated and make sure to eat nutrient-rich and fiber-rich foods to restore your energy and prevent constipation.
7. Be vigilant of any fever or pain which can indicate the development of an infection.
8. Avoid any kind of strenuous exercise but do take gentle walks as often as you can.
9. Make sure you get an adequate sleep because sleep helps in repairing and healing the body damages. With an infant at hand, it seems almost impossible but you can time your naps with that of your baby’s. Sleep whenever your baby sleeps.
10. Your emotional health is as important as your physical health. Consult your partner, a counselor, or a doctor if you’re feeling distressed or overwhelmed in any way. Marham can help you book an appointment with the best psychologists from Karachi, Lahore and all other main cities of Pakistan.
Things to Avoid:
1. Sexual intercourse until your health-care provider gives you a green signal.
2. Lifting heavy objects and repeatedly using stairs.
3. Exercise, unless your health-care provider tells you to.
4. Use of tampons
5. Taking baths until your incision is healed and there’s no more bleeding. Quick showers are best for now.
Taking measures for your health-care is not just necessary for you, but it is also important for your baby. So, don’t feel shy or ashamed to discuss your post-pregnancy problems with your partner or a trusted friend. It is very advisable to consult a doctor or a health-specialist for your health concerns.
Few Most Popular Gynecologists:
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- 5 Useful Tips For Heart Patients To Follow During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- 5 Effective Tips To Prevent Headaches And Migraines During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018