Developing an ambiance where a child would happily choose to eat healthily is one of the most challenging tasks for every single parent in this world. Ask any parent you meet. He or she will definitely call convincing his or her kid to eat healthy as ‘the most difficult thing of parenthood’.
Every kid nowadays wants to eat a pizza or spaghetti or nuggets all the time. Don’t nag about unhealthy eating, instead allow them to have their own choices and model healthy eating in front of them side by side! Additionally, you may also find and consult with a nutritionist to help you create an interesting diet for your kids. Book an appointment or an online consultation with the best nutritionist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan n vai Marham.pk.
There are a number of ways in which you may trick your child to eat healthily.
1. Start Young:
Developing the habit of making healthy choices in eating at an early age helps to formulate the ‘healthy-taste’ of your child throughout his or her life.
2. Make their food look interesting and creative!
Presentation matters a lot, whether it is for kids or for adults. Interesting-looking food is always tempting for the children. Try making shapes or characters out of food to make it look more attractive!
3. Sweet is always preferred:
Make desserts part of the meal as children love to eat anything and everything sweet.
4. Kids do what you do:
Kids follow the footsteps of their elders. If you eat healthy, your kids will definitely eat healthy too!
Related: 10 Healthy Food Trends in 2018
5. Get Saucy!
Meals become a lot more fun when there are sauces and dippings with them.
6. Don’t criticize the unhealthy food choices of your children: Find alternatives for them. For example, if your kid asks for potato chips, try baking some potatoes with cheese and sauce in oven at home or if he/she wants pizza, prefer making it at home with more veggies and herbs!
7. Grocery-shopping with your kids:
Involve your kids in grocery-shopping, cooking and baking as it helps a lot in developing the interest of a child.
8. Let your kids have their own choices:
Don’t restrict the food menu, rather let your children try new and different recipes every day.
9. Don’t be strict about cleaning plates:
Don’t always follow the old-school ‘get your plates clean’ rule. Let your child stop when he or she had enough.
10. Be the ideal for your child:
Model healthy eating items and habits in front them. Keep guiding them about the benefits of eating healthy.