The coccyx or the tailbone is located at the end of the spine above the buttocks. Prolonged sitting or forceful daily works cause severe pain in this area which may cause serious complications. Women mostly suffer from tailbone pain after birth. If you often face this problem you can find and consult with the best orthopedic doctors in Karachi, Lahore and other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk. If it happens rarely then you can try some exercises to stretch that will help reducing pain and soreness.
Sun Bird Posing:
Sun Bird pose is a simple movement but powerful enough to strengthen the back muscles and providing relief to the tailbone pain.
- Come on all fours.
- Inhale the breath and lift the right leg, extending it straight behind you.
- Exhale the breath, and fold your leg in bending position.
- Repeat this movement about five times and then switch to the other side.
This simple and easy pose strengthens the legs, helps to stabilize the spine and tailbone, and helps to calm the pain.
- Stand straight and the heel of your one foot should be in line with the arch of your second foot.
- Keep both legs straight, take a deep breath, and lift your arms up.
- Exhale the breath, lower the arms toward the floor, keeping both legs straight.
- Only go down as far as feels good to you.
- Stay in position for five to seven breaths and genteelly rise up.
This gentle backbend stretches and strengthens the tailbone muscles and tendons and you immediately feel relieved.
- Lie straight on your stomach while arms resting by your side.
- Bend your knees towards your back and try to grasp your ankles.
- Inhale and try to lift your body up on the mat.
- Keep the soles of feet toward the sky, make little moves like seesaw and try to keep your feet up and to lift the chest higher.
- If you can’t reach your feet or unable to grasp the ankle, just maintain the bow shape without connection.
- Stay in position for three to five breaths and lowers down to rest.
Try these posing exercises and find out the best one for you. ALways remember don’t perform any exercise if you have a severe injury, after having a surgery or in case of any other medical condition. Consult your physician and he may help you decide what’s the best option for you.
Few Most Popular Orthodepic Surgeons in Lahore:
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options For 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018