Oral Health is very essential as it is a root cause of most of the diseases. Soft drinks are consumed by every age group on daily basis, especially in summers. Carbonated drinks are full of sugar that can simply devastate our oral hygiene. You can also book an appointment with the best dentist in Pakistan via Marham.pk.
Some of the alarming effects of Soft drinks on Oral health are discussed below:
Our teeth have protected by a layer known as enamel. The excessive consumption of Soda reduces the ph scale of our mouth making our enamel weaker. The presences of sweetener and carbonation spoil our teeth causing cavity and tooth decay.
When fizzy drinks are consumed excessively sugar in the soda combines with the bacteria present in our mouth to form an acid that ruins our teeth and gums. Acid attack destroys the enamel of our teeth and with every single sip, our gums get affected. You can also book an appointment with the best dentist in Lahore via Marham.pk.
Carbonated drinks are one of the major causes of stained teeth in children and teenagers. Due to this surface of the teeth becomes soft making it more vulnerable to tooth decay.
Consumption of excess carbonated drinks increases the hypersensitivity of our teeth which not treated on time can lead to the damage of Dentin (the layer underneath enamel) that makes teeth rot.
All of the above-mentioned points reflect the effect of soda on oral health. Following are the measures that can be taken to prevent your oral health.
- Drink more water
- Rinse out your mouth thoroughly after the intake of Soda
- Always use a toothpaste that has fluoride in it because it strengthens our teeth and gums
- Brush your teeth twice a day, floss before going to bed every day.
- Drink soda with a straw to avoid its contact with teeth
- Don’t sip soda throughout the day because it can make it stay on your teeth as a coat causing stains to appear
If your oral hygiene is taken care of you can save yourself from a lot of contagious diseases. If you are facing any of the above mentioned effects, go see a dentist and save your teeth.
Few Most Popular Dentist in Pakistan:
Latest posts by Amina Hameed (see all)
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of Omega-3 On Health - September 25, 2018
- Not All Fats Are Bad, Try Healthy-Fat To Boost Health - September 23, 2018
- Top Five Reasons Of Premature Graying Of Hair - September 23, 2018