Parents want their children to stay fit and healthy and for that, they do their best. Despite all the efforts parents make, they can’t ensure 100% safe and germ-free environment for their kids. However, it’s always better to stay safe than sorry. When it comes to babies Gastroenteritis can lead to serious complications if it goes undiagnosed.
Gastroenteritis is an infection that causes swelling of the gut. The inflammation in the digestive tract and intestines results in abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, fever, diarrhea and ultimately dehydration.
Symptoms of Gastroenteritis:
Parents should be aware of its signs and symptoms to get it cured immediately. Also, it becomes necessary to consult with a stomach specialist/gastroenterologist. Marham can help you to find and consult with the best gastroenterologist in Karachi, Lahore and all other main cities of Pakistan as well. Some of the Symptoms of Gastroenteritis are mentioned below:
- Diarrhea that lasts for more than 24 hours along with nausea and vomit.
- Abdominal cramps
- A headache along with body ache
- Drowsiness that is making your baby lethargic and less active
What does a Parent Need to do in Emergency?
After facing above mentioned symptoms parents should immediately start giving lots of fluid to their kids. ORS could be one reliable option or a solution of salt, sugar, and water should be given to a child right away before taking a child to the hospital. However, this disease is highly contagious, so parents should be conscious enough to recognize its symptoms as early as possible to prevent it from spreading. Also, it is advisable to consult with a pediatrician at earliest. To book an appointment with the best child specialist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan via Marham.pk. Gastroenteritis is preventable if certain precautions are taken. Some of the measures that parents can take to avoid this from happening are mentioned below:
- Washing hands before and after changing the diaper of a baby
- Clean your baby’s hands as often as possible and give them properly stored food.
- Make sure your child’s fluid intake isn’t hindered. Frequently give your baby fluid in small portions
- Rotavirus vaccine should be given to a child beforehand to strengthen the immunity system of a baby.
- Breastfeeding is one of the ways to prevent this disease.
All of the above-mentioned symptoms and preventive measures can help you diagnose the disease at an early stage but in case the condition of a baby doesn’t get stable, no time should be wasted and one should consult a doctor immediately.
Few Most Popular Gastroenterologist:
Latest posts by Amina Hameed (see all)
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of Omega-3 On Health - September 25, 2018
- Not All Fats Are Bad, Try Healthy-Fat To Boost Health - September 23, 2018
- Top Five Reasons Of Premature Graying Of Hair - September 23, 2018