What is Congo Virus?
Congo Virus is transmitted to human beings through animals. It’s a vicious cycle; Humans get it from infected animals that in turn get it from infected ticks. Marham is here to provide you with some relevant information as Eid is almost here and many people must have brought animals by now and if you are still in search then read out a complete guideline regarding Congo Virus.
Congo Virus in Pakistan
Congo Virus has been greatly affecting people of Pakistan for many years now. It’s more common in rural areas of Pakistan as they are more exposed to animals and poor sanitation system increase the chance of spreading virus in rural areas. Due to lack of proper healthcare system the death toll goes unaccounted. If you feel any symptoms of it rush to the nearest doctor.
How to know if a person is infected?
Symptoms vary from one person to another. But following are some of the common symptoms.
- Flu that lasts more than a week
- Viral hemorrhagic fever
- Severe illness at times associated with bleeding
- Red eyes & Flushed face
- Joint pain
- Black stools
- Swollen liver (Pain in abdomen)
- Low blood pressure
- Kidney failure
How can you save yourself from this infection?
Congo Virus is indeed life-threatening but if preventive measures are taken on time, it can be taken care of. Early diagnosis and quick treatment can save lives! Following are some of the tips you can use to prevent it:
- An infected patient should be met with covered hands and gloves
- Used syringes of infected person should be disposed off completely
- Always wash your hands and body if you get to meet an infected person
- A butcher who slaughters animal is also at risk, he should always wear gloves while doing it
- Meat should be cooked thoroughly especially beef as it has more presence in big animals
- Don’t eat or drink around animals
- Sanitation system should be well maintained as Virus is present in the urine released by infected animals and persons.
It’s better to stay safe than being sorry later. If you even feel slightest discomfort rush to the best healthcare provider
Latest posts by Amina Hameed (see all)
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of Omega-3 On Health - September 25, 2018
- Not All Fats Are Bad, Try Healthy-Fat To Boost Health - September 23, 2018
- Top Five Reasons Of Premature Graying Of Hair - September 23, 2018