In our society, after getting married, the first thing a couple faces is the pressure of being or not being pregnant. The favorite question of every desi aunty is “When are you giving the good news?” And this situation becomes so frustrating for the couple when they even don’t know the best days to get pregnant in a month.
According to the top gynecologists, there is nothing to worry about even if you don’t get pregnant till one year of living with your partner. But after one year, you should consult specialists to diagnose your problem. The major mistake couples do that only female partner consults the doctor. And the male partner hesitates in getting himself tested. In this scenario, if the male partner has any medical issue, that will remain undiagnosed. And female partner takes treatment unnecessarily. So it is always important to consult the health specialist as a couple. And both partners get themselves checked by the doctors.
Reasons Behind Not Getting Pregnant:
The females usually have one or two of the following problems;
- Hormonal imbalance
- Ovarian cysts
- Endometriotic cysts
- Uterine Infections
- Uterine cysts
- Blockage of fallopian tubes
Different tests can evaluate these problems. And the most effective one is the diagnostic laparoscopy (a minor LASER surgery). In this procedure, the health specialist can easily rule out the above-mentioned problems and in most cases, treatment can also be provided during this procedure. But in the case of blockage of tubes, only a test-tube baby is the last option.
In male partners, the usual problem is in their semen and related to sperm health. The semen analysis test can detect this issue. And the urologists can give treatment according to that issue. A timely lab test can diagnose and fix many pregnancy issues.
Apart from all these reasons in both partners, the most important reason is STRESS. Yes, you read it right! Stress makes so many problems in the human body that are unimaginable. The pressure/stress of not getting pregnant is itself the major reason behind this problem. According to the best gynecologists, first, relax during your fertile days and do intercourse without taking stress. If you are under treatment, trust your health provider and follow the instructions given by the doctor.
What Is The Female Menstrual Cycle?
To know this key to success, first, you need to understand the mechanism of the female body. After the menarche (onset of periods in females), every female has a menstrual cycle.
In medical science, the female menstrual cycle is almost 28-35 days (varies from female to female). And these days are approximately divided into 4 weeks.
- The first 5-7 days of the cycle are known as the menstrual phase, and during these days, the endometrium sheds from the uterus in the form of bleeding. And we call this bleeding menstruation or periods. We calculate days in the menstrual cycle from the first day of menstruation (on which you start bleeding).
- The next phase is the follicular phase. This phase is almost 7 days that means from the 7th day of the cycle till the 14th day of the cycle. Endometrium gets prepared in the uterus to welcome and implant the fertilized egg. The egg matures itself till the 14th day of the cycle. (in some cases it may be the 12th or 13th day).
- The phase in which the egg releases is the ovulatory phase. And the life of an egg is 24-48 hours. This phase is at the start of the 3rd week of the cycle. The egg is released from the follicle and enters the fallopian tube. Here the next phase starts!
- The last phase is the luteal phase. It starts with the end of the ovulatory phase and ends till the next period starts. This phase is almost two weeks (from the 15th day till the 28th day of the cycle). It is the phase in which the uterus and hormones are getting themselves prepared for the pregnancy. But if the fertilization of the egg does not occur, this phase leads to the menstruation of the next month.
What Are The Best Days To Get Pregnant?
Now keep in mind the life of the egg is 24-48 hours, whereas the sperm life is 5-7 days after going into the female body. Counting from the 1st day of your menstruation cycle, the fertility window is between the 10th day till 16th day. And according to the health specialists 11th, 12th, and 13th, are the most fertile days. Doing intercourse during these days increases the chances of getting pregnant. As the sperms can live in the female body for 5-7 days, they can easily fertilize the egg that is going to release in the fallopian tube on the 14th or 15th day of the cycle.
Pregnancy chances are also there if you do intercourse on the 14th, 15th, and 16th day of your cycle, but the first three days of the fertility window are more fertile ones. So keeping a record of your days is very important while planning a pregnancy.
You can consult the best gynecologist/obstetrician of Pakistan through Marham and get consultation related to infertility and pregnancy issues.