Wearing face masks these days is as important as wearing a mask during surgery. You expect the doctors to wear all the protective gears so that your loved one in the OR can be safe. Similarly, wearing a face mask during this COVID19 pandemic means, you are keeping yourself and other’s loved ones safe. Face masks often help people feel protected and reassured.
But the question is are you taking it seriously?. A face mask keeps you from being exposed to or transmitting certain infectious diseases. Be it a surgical mask or n95 masks. Moreover, face masks work as almost a shield in this infectious pandemic. But, only if you are wearing it in a proper way. Keep reading to find out.
Why Surgical Mask Has Two Different Sides?
No matter if it is a surgical mask or an n95 mask, both will only protect you if they’re worn in a proper way. These masks help block the transmission of large particles from droplets, sprays and splashes. It also helps to reduce the hand-to-face contact.
The surgical mask’s three-ply layers work as follows:
- The outer layer repels water, blood, and other body fluids.
- The inner layer absorbs moisture and sweat from exhaled air.
When Should We Wear It?
Not only in a pandemic, but masks should also be worn at any time you experience the following conditions.
- While suffering from a cough or other respiratory problems.
- You yourself are well but taking care of someone with a respiratory illness.
- Allergic to a specific weather
- While working with dust or other powdery stuff.
- Affected by COVID19
How To Wear It Properly?
- Either wash your hands or clean them with sanitizer for 20 seconds before putting on the face mask.
- Recheck if the mask is okay and not broken.
- Make sure you place the dar coloured part of the mask outside.
- If there is a metallic strip in the mask, above your nose, press and fit it exactly according to your nose so there’s no gap left.
- Pull the lower end of the mask over your mouth and chin.
- Don’t touch the mask once in position.
- If the mask gets soiled or damp, replace it with a new one.
- The mask should cover both your mouth and the nose. If you are not covering your nose, wearing a mask is useless.
- If you drop the mask on the floor, it can not be reused as rather than protecting you from bacteria, it can transfer more bacteria in you through breathing.
- Do not share masks, dispose them off properly. I.e wrap it in a tissue or a shopping bag and then dispose it away.
Although face masks may help reduce the spread of some disease-causing particles, you will still have to maintain your distance in order to stay safe from the bacteria or the virus.
For more details, you can talk to a doctor without leaving your houses. All you have to do is to log on to marham.pk or call at 03111222398 to get information about doctors around you.
Stay Home, Stay Safe, Stay Happy.
Javeria Adil Chughtai
Latest posts by Javeria Adil Chughtai (see all)
- 10 Secrets Of Staying Hydrated In Ramadan - April 8, 2021
- Heart Palpitations: What Are The Possible Causes And Treatments? - January 26, 2021
- Find The Top 5 Psychologists In Islamabad Here! - January 15, 2021