Table of Content
Going out? after hearing this the first thing that comes in our mind is whether we have our masks, gloves, and sanitizers stocked. This has become a new normal for us. We’re always looking for the best disinfectant spray, wipes sanitizers, and also the best air purifiers. But the concern is, what to do if there is none available in the market?. Let it be without disinfecting?. We can’t afford that.
These are the days when even the clean freaks are getting a run for their money. In order to keep the coronavirus at bay, it’s is really important to keep your kitchen, bathrooms, commonly used items disinfected. Disinfecting and cleaner ingredients should not be the things we spend a bunch of money on. Neither should you shift to all the ‘self-assumed’ disinfectants because no one knows if they’re actually killing the bacteria.
According to the health professionals, some of the ingredients that can kill bacteria can easily be found and we can make our own disinfectant sprays, wipes and also, sanitizer. With some easily available ingredients, make your own disinfectants that are safe for all types of surfaces.
The Preferred Ingredients
Hydrogen peroxide is effective against all microorganisms, such as bacteria, yeasts, fungi, viruses, and spores. It takes only 6-8 minutes to kill them all.
Rubbing alcohol has great disinfecting qualities when left on surfaces for at least 30 seconds. There needs to be at least 70% of rubbing alcohol present to kill coronaviruses.
Bleach is known to be a strong and effective bacteria-killing ingredient. 4 teaspoons of bleach per 1 quart of water is the best combination to kill germs. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes before wiping it off.
DIY Disinfectant Spray
- 100% pure alcohol
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Tea Tree Oil
How To Prepare It:
- Take a 20-30 ml bottle and add 50-60 drops of tea tree oil in it.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of alcohol and mix it well with the oil
- After mixing the ingredients well, add up 1/2 cup of white distilled vinegar and shake all ingredients well before using it.
Tip: Vinegar can sometimes affect the color of wooden furniture, be careful before spraying this mixture on your furniture directly.
- Tissue Roll
- Tissue Container
- Scented oil
How To Do It:
- Cut the tissue rolls in half to have 2 rolls out of it.
- Mix two cups of water with two tablespoons of bleach.
- Fit the tissue roll in the container and pour the solution on it and make sure all the tissues are saturated
- Take out the cardboard roll and your wipes are ready to use!
DIY Hand Sanitiser
- 90% Alcohol
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Tea Tree Oil
How To Prepare It:
- Take three parts of alcohol with one part of aloe vera gel
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil in it and mix it well
- Fill in in your favorite spray container and it is good to go.
Marham Can Help You
If you are unable to step out of your house if you do not know which disinfectant and sanitizer is good for you, feel free to contact a doctor through the Marham forum. Or for detailed guidance, you can book yourself a video consultation right from your phone.
To book your consultation or to use Marham forum, install our app from the links provided below:
Drop a review for us at Playstore if you’ve had a good experience!
Stay Home Stay Safe!
Javeria Adil Chughtai
Latest posts by Javeria Adil Chughtai (see all)
- Face Yoga: 5 Surprising Age Rewinding Benefits You Should Know! - June 17, 2021
- How Job Stress Affects Heart Health And 8 Ways To Deal With It - June 9, 2021
- 10 Facts Liver Health Is Improved By Drinking Coffee Everyday - June 3, 2021