Table of Content
Many of us are scared and horrified to listen to the news every other second. Hearing of the multiple COVID-19 symptoms, we immediately start noticing if we have any of them. It is a very confusing situation for people all around the world because no one really knows if they’re affected or not.
If you are suffering from a cough, fever or having difficulty in breathing and are worried that you may have COVID-19 here are a few tips you should start focusing on.
1. Stay Home and Call A Health Professional
Unless it is an emergency, do not leave your house at any cost. Reduce the risk of catching and spreading the virus by staying at home as much as you can. If you are experiencing symptoms, even if they are mild, do not go to work or near any other person.
If your symptoms are severe and you require medical help, the first thing you should do it to call a medical professional. Call them and talk to them before you go to the hospital. Explain your COVID-19 symptoms on the phone or a video call.
If you don’t have a healthcare worker around, contact marham.pk.
Call at 03111222398 to book your online consultation with a doctor.
2. Answer These Questions For Your Own Self
When you call a doctor, there will be a few questions asked to you about your risks and symptoms for COVID-19. Risks include travel history and symptoms, you’ll have to analyse them before you call the doctor.
The questions you’ll be asked are:
- Have you had any close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Do you have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, muscle aches, sore throat, unexplained loss of taste or smell, diarrhoea or headache?
- Do you fear that you were potentially exposed to COVID-19?
3. Follow Your Health Care Professional’s Instructions
According to your symptoms and risks, your doctor will guide you about your initial treatments over the phone. You will be clearly told if you need to be evaluated, and if so, what to do next.
Based on your situation, your doctor may recommend that you:
- Self-monitor your health and immediately contact if you develop serious respiratory issues or a high fever.
- Stay home and await further instructions.
4. Practice Hygiene And Respiratory Tips
Practising proper hygiene is the best part of prevention, following are the things you should be careful about:
- If you leave your home to go to a hospital or any other place, wear a mask so your coughs and sneezes are less likely to infect others.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after sneezing, blowing your nose, coughing or using the bathroom, and before preparing or eating food. You should wash them for at least 20 seconds.
- If you cough or sneeze, do it into the bend of your elbow, not your hand. Or use a tissue, and then throw it away immediately afterwards.
- At home, clean the surfaces with a disinfectant that are often-touched such as:
– Cabinet handles
– Bathroom hardware
A Word From Marham
The possibility of having a contagious virus is scary, everyone gets scared and that is natural. Doctors, nurses and other caregivers are learning more about COVID-19 every day. They are working together with national and international agencies to identify and provide care to patients while avoiding the spread of the illness in the community. It is important that we stay calm and cooperate with the administrations as we are said so.
Contact Marham.pk for further guidance and help. We are working day and night to provide you with the best services in town.
Stay Home, Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!