Important Tips To Stay Safe From Smog
- Avoid cardio or any outdoor workout
- Get yourself the right mask
- Stay as much hydrated as you can
- Don’t ignore the signs symptoms
- Get a good air purifier
- Get good air-purifying plants around you
- Do not compromise on your fitness and find good indoor workouts
- Take steam/nebulize daily
- Have a good healthy diet which is rich in vitamin C, omega fatty acids
- Sip Herbal Teas
Signs And Symptoms Smog Is Affecting You
- Excessive Coughing
The smog polluted air can cause a very dry and irritated throat which leads to cough. Not only people having asthma, but people who are healthy can be affected by it as well. Inhaling too much polluted air can cause healthy people to end up with serious lung infections and breathing issues.
- Eyes and Throat Getting Irritated
Air pollutants in the smog season specifically can lead to eyes, nose, throat, and skin irritation. They can also cause more serious reactions, including various respiratory illnesses, allergies, and other serious health conditions.
- Breathing Issues
Inhaling too much smog can leave you feeling out of breath or struggling to breathe.
- Dizziness and Frequent Nausea
Carbon monoxide present in the air can interfere with the oxygen supply throughout our body, it can lead to fatigue, headaches, dizziness, nausea, confusion, and disorientation when inhaled at high levels.
- Unexpected Asthma Attack
For people who have pre-existing conditions like asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease breathing polluted air can result in an asthma attack. It is a possibility that they can experience a flare-up, making them produce more mucus, feel more breathless, or cough a lot more than usual.
Consult A Specialist Doctor Now
If you are an asthmatic patient, or a person having any type of lung disease, this weather can be life-threatening for you!. Stay indoors to stay safe. If you are already affected by the smog and are looking for a doctor then you must take help from Marham.pk. Marham.pk has information for more than 12K+ doctors on our app/website and can help you find one which is near you.
To book an in-clinic or an online consultation, call us at 03111222398 or install our apps!
Stay Home Stay Safe!
Javeria Adil Chughtai
Latest posts by Javeria Adil Chughtai (see all)
- 10 Secrets Of Staying Hydrated In Ramadan - April 8, 2021
- Heart Palpitations: What Are The Possible Causes And Treatments? - January 26, 2021
- Find The Top 5 Psychologists In Islamabad Here! - January 15, 2021