Table of Content
Syncope refers to a condition in which a person temporarily loses his/her consciousness. This condition can become deadly if a person is not treated immediately. It occurs because of the low supply of oxygen in the brain. Marham is here to stock you up with complete guideline regarding how to manage the overall situation if it happens with you or around you.
Let’s start with major causes of Syncope (Fainting):
Syncope can be because of the underlying medical condition and can be a result of the number of environmental or emotional triggers. Mainly it happens when blood pressure drops or heart rate declines which result in fainting. Some other major causes are:
- A sudden change in position; standing abruptly after sitting for long hours
- Acute pain
- Extreme fear of something
- Stress and Anxiety
- Extreme tiredness
- Irregular heartbeat
In order to become conscious of it before it happens to you should know its symptoms. We are about to point out few symptoms if happens to you keep medical help near you.
- Extreme nausea
- Slow pulse rate
- Suddenly chilled flushes
- Pale skin
- Extreme lightheadedness
- Feeling as if everything is revolving (Vertigo)
- Shakiness along with a headache
What should I do if I feel its symptoms?
If you face any of the above-mentioned symptoms, follow below-mentioned steps:
- Leave whatever you are doing.
- Sit or lie down as quickly as possible as this will help you from possible injuries even if you get faint.
- Elevate your legs quickly
- Your elevated legs should be higher than your head to increase the blood supply towards the brain.
- If the symptoms persist it’s better to rush to the physician as soon as possible but let someone else drive you there.
How can I help someone if he/she is about to faint?
Well, quickly make a person sit or lie them down. Now follow the following steps:
- Try to bring them under an airy place
- Loosen tight clothing so that they can breathe easily
- Remove neck scarf or tie that might hinder breathing
- Elevate their legs
- If a person gets faint and doesn’t get consciousness back within 2 minutes call the doctor right away.
- Roll a faint person to their side for easy breathing
- Don’t leave a person on its own and wait for the help to arrive