Laser eye surgery is a wide collective term which is used for different types of eye surgeries which are commonly used to correct refractive errors of the eye. Mostly these surgeries aim to reshape the cornea to correct the vision. It is helpful to cure nearsightedness, farsightedness or have some other visionary problem. Laser Vision has all the following treatments available under one roof at their premises in Lahore and Karachi
The most common types of laser eye surgery include LASIK, PRK, LASEK, epi-LASIK and Femto LASIK.
It is an abbreviation of Laser in Situ Keratomileusis. It is the most common laser eye surgery has high precision and less significant complications. It is started with the creation of flip creation.
It is the abbreviation of Photorefractive Keratectomy. It is the second most common type of laser eye surgery. There is no need for flap creation in this type The PRK recovery period is a bit longer than that of LASIK.
It is an abbreviation of Laser Epithelial Keratomileusis. it is similar to LASIK and PRK, but it starts with the application of alcohol to the corneal epithelium. This is mostly used fo treatment for patients with thin corneas.
It is the abbreviation of Epithelial Laser in Situ Keratomileusis
Epi-LASIK starts the way LASIK does, but the flap is thinner and composed of epithelial tissues only. It is quite a good option because there’s no alcohol application during the procedure.
5-Femto Lasik: The Efficient Technology
If you want to correct your vision defects and afraid of surgical blades then Femto-Lasik or Bladeless-Lasik is the best option as it is the most efficient technology nowadays available in the field of laser eye surgery. This method based on the cutting of a thin flap of the cornea and use of an excimer laser to correct existing refractive errors. With this technology refractive errors between -12 and +6 can be corrected efficiently. Laser Vision is rendering outstanding services in this regard in Lahore and Karachi, where you will find competent professionals serving with the aim to make your vision crisp and clear.
Advantages of Femto-Lasik:
It is the method of choice as it has following advantages over other laser methods.
- Provides optimal safety
- Help to create thinner flap to correct the higher degree of defect.
- Help to maintain even flap thickness
- Gives excellent visual results
Who Are Good and Bad Candidates for this Technology:
Almost everyone can take the benefit of this efficient technology if he is
- Between the age of 18 and 60 years
- In good health
- Refractive errors are in between -12 and +6
But the persons with following medical conditions should avoid this laser technology.
- Dry eyes or very thin corneas
- Viral eye infections, herpes, diabetes mellitus, keratoconus.
- Visionary problems of the older age are also not corrected by this technology.
Eligibility for Laser Eye Surgery:
Unfortunately, everyone is not a suitable candidate for laser eye surgery. A series of conditions and anatomical factors make a person suitable for this special treatment. A proper set up with all available services and professionals like Laser Vision, Lahore is your best bet for this. Following factors may make any person unsuitable for laser eye surgery :
- Too thin or irregularly shaped Corneas
- Heightened refractive error
- Existing unstable vision
- Dry eyes
- Any degenerative disorders
- Laser eye surgery side effects and complications
- Age limitations: person must be must be 18 or over
- Physiological factors such as pregnancy
- It greatly works to corrects vision. Around 96% of patients showed desired vision after laser surgery.
- Very little pain due to the numbing drops that are used.
- No bandages or stitches.
- Results are obtained nearly immediately or by the day after laser surgery.
- Adjustments can be made years after to further correct vision.
Related: 7 Reasons for Eye Infections
Besides of all its advantages and ease this surgical treatment still, has some major side effects.
Temporary Visual Disturbances and Discomfort:
This mostly happens during the first few days after surgery and manifests in mild irritation and light sensitivity. Patients may also suffer from
- episodes of dry eyes
- hazy vision
- reduced acuity of vision.
These problems are not permanent and mostly vanished within three to six months after surgery.
Laser eye surgery is done with the help of complex procedures in which a flap is cut on the front surface of the cornea. The flap is lifted during surgery to allow for corneal reshaping and later replaced using a natural bandage. This may cause some serious complications.
In some cases, individuals have complained of decreased tear production resulting in eye irritation and vision blurring. Nearly half of laser eye surgery patients experience dry eye syndrome of varying levels. Dry eye syndrome is majorly corrected by application of lubricating eye drops to the surface of the eyes.
Although rare, laser eye surgery may lead to eye infections. This risk can be reduced by creating more sterile conditions by using a natural bandage after surgery.
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options for 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018