The roots of ovarian cancer begin in the ovary. It is the fifth most common cause of death in women. Ovarian cancer has the highest rate of death among all the gynecologic cancers – those which affect the uterus, cervix, and ovaries. Gynecologists who specialize in these type of cancers are called gynecological oncologists. Marham can help you book an appointment with the best gynecological oncologists in Karachi or other main cities of Pakistan.
Signs and Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer:
Most ovarian cancers start in the outer lining of the ovary. Symptoms in early stages are unclear and may resemble those of other conditions, like pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS), irritable bowel syndrome (IRS), or a temporary bladder problem. Ovarian cancer is distinguished from other possible disorders by the gradual and constant worsening of the symptoms of the disease.
Initial signs of ovarian cancer involve:
- Pain in the abdominal region of the body
- Back pain
- Feeling full rapidly while eating
- Frequent and urgent urination
- Pain during sexual intercourse
The following signs may also be seen as cancer progresses:
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
Pain, pressure, or bloating in the abdominal region that lasts for more than a few weeks should be given immediate medical attention.
Read Also: 5 Most Common Cancers in Pakistan
Causes of Ovarian Cancer:
The exact cause of ovarian cancer is not clear, however, scientists believe that the following factors increase the risk of ovarian cancer:
- Family’s medical history
- Reproductive history of women
- Medicinal drugs used in fertility or infertility treatments
- Breast cancer
- Prolonged hormone therapies
Treatment of Ovarian Cancer:
There are various surgical procedures and therapies to treat ovarian cancer, such as:
- Surgery removal of the affected tissue or organ
- Targeted therapy
- Hormone therapy- find and consult the best endocrinologist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
- Radiation therapy
Usually, more than one treatments are used to treat this cancer.
Successful treatment of ovarian cancer is possible if it is diagnosed at an early stage. Percentage survival rate decreases as cancer progress. Due to this reason, it is very important to attend all the recommended medical tests and seek professional help as soon as the signs become visible.
Few Most Popular Gynecologists:
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- 5 Effective Tips To Prevent Headaches And Migraines During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018
- 7 Genius Hacks To Learn Like A Pro! - September 11, 2018