Table of Content
Birth of the baby is an ultimate blessing for the parents and the family. But this blessing lost its happiness and sooth when the welcoming family noticed that the newborn came into this world with some congenital defect. It happens in many unfortunate cases that the baby opens the eyes with some defective abnormality the heart problem is one of those congenital abnormalities.
To consult the best Pediatric cardiologist in Lahore, Islamabad, Karachi or any main city of Pakistan visit Marham.
Reasons Behind The Congenital Heart Disease
Everything in this universe happened due to some reason. The situation may be mysterious or strange but it never happens on its own without any solid reason. Same as in the case of congenital heart disorder. The born baby got this life-threatening ailment by a number of causes which are written below.
It is a major reason for congenital heart disease. Some DNA mutation or abnormal chromosomal behaviors can cause this abnormality. It is reported that trisomies 21, 13 and 18 and mutation in heart protein genes like MYH6, GATA4, NKX2-5, and TBX1 are the main genetic defects due to which baby born with a heart problem.
Our surrounding environment has its effect on our health may be positive or negative. In the same way, it can affect the health and growth pattern of the fetus inside the womb. Heart formation occurred in the third trimester of the pregnancy. During this time period if the fetus gets exposure from some dangerous chemical or infection (viral or bacterial) it will be enough to cause a congenital defect in it. Many researchers reported that cigarette and industrial smoke, exposure to heavy metals and organic solvents can cause abnormality in heart development and in result the fetus gets heart problem.
Mother is the one who is the source of life maintenance of the fetus inside the womb. She provides every good thing to her which she has. But unfortunately, if the mother has some bad things or complicated medical conditions it can badly affect the fetus health and will remain with him after birth. It is reported that if the mother has some medical ailments like diabetes mellitus, phenylketonuria, and systemic lupus erythematosus then it will cause the heart problem in her child. Even if the mother is obese it will also increase the risk factor of the baby’s heart problem. Malnutrition of pregnant lady is also a reason behind this abnormality.
How to Avoid it
Following preventive measures can help you to avoid this abnormality in your newborn so that he can enjoy his upcoming life.
- Get the vaccination against rubella and herpes before pregnancy
- If you have diabetes, make sure it’s controlled. (To consult with Best Diabetologists in Islamabad visit Marham).
- Avoid exposure to cigarette smoke, heavy metal, and organic solvents which are used in dry cleaning, paint thinners, and nail polish remover.
- Take an appropriate dose of folic acid supplement a day during the first trimester (first 12 weeks) of your pregnancy. To get a consultation from the best nutritionist in Karachi for your folic acid dose visit Marham.
- Never use any medication without prescription during pregnancy, including herbal remedies.
- Do regular checkups and ultrasound to check the baby health status.
You Can Also Find The Best Cardiologists in Other Main Cities of Pakistan
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- Small Steps That Can Improve Your Health And Nutrition Immediately - January 23, 2021
- Healthy Chunks Are The Real Guards Of Heart - January 22, 2021
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018