Diabetologist is a physician who is usually an endocrinologist and has special skills in the diagnosis and treatment of diabetes mellitus.
Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic abnormalities and is characterized by high blood sugar levels over a prolonged duration of time. Diabetes is due to lack of insulin production or due to nonresponsiveness of body cells to the insulin. There are three main types of this deadly ailment:
- Type 1 DM results from the pancreas’s failure to produce enough insulin.
- Type 2 DM results from not responding to body cells to the produced insulin.
- Gestational diabetes occurred only in pregnant women without a previous history of diabetes.
Symptoms of High Blood Sugar Include:
- frequent urination
- increased thirst
- Increased hunger
Complications with Diabetes:
Diabetes mellitus is a long-term ailment and remain with the affected person throughout his lifespan. This deadly abnormality not remains limited to one organ but drastically harm other organs and their functions. It is necessary to consult a diabetologist for management of this disease. To find best diabetologists in Karachi log on to Marham. This may cause the following lethal complications:
- Damage to blood vessels
- Damage to the eyes (retinopathy)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Damage to nerves (neuropathy)
- Muscle atrophy and weakness
- Heart problem
- Skin complications
Read More: 7 Best Diabetologists in Lahore
How a Diabetologist can Help You Live Better with Diabetes:
As diabetes mellitus is a lifelong companion and associated with many other complications the only diabetologist can help to live a better life with this deadly disease. A diabetologist can help to cope with this chronic disease in the following ways:
A good diagnosis always helps to make a good prevention and treatment plan. So a diabetologist uses his best knowledge and skills to diagnosis the presence, type, and severity of the ailment. For this purpose, he may test the following things:
- Fasting plasma glucose level
- plasma glucose
- Symptoms of high blood sugar and casual plasma glucose
- Glycated hemoglobin
If a good and appropriate diagnosis is made at the early stage of the disease onset. Diabetologist recommends some appropriate preventive measures which help to stop the disease or at least delay its onset. Following preventive measures are usually recommended by diabetologists in Islamabad:
- Maintaining a normal body weight.
- Engaging in physical activity.
- Eating a diet of whole grains and fiber, vegetable oils, fish. Limiting sugary beverages and consuming less red meat and other sources of saturated fats.
- Immediately stop tobacco smoking and alcohol consumption.
If a disease is at the more critical stage and needs proper treatment then diabetologist use proper management method according to the type of diabetes.
Management of Type 1 Diabetes:
For the management of type 1 diabetes mellitus diabetologist help their patients in the following way:
- Insulin replacement through lifelong insulin injections or use of an insulin pump
- Monitoring of blood glucose levels regularly
- Recommending a healthy diet and eating plan
- Recommending regular exercise and physical activity
Management of Type 2 Diabetes:
For the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus diabetologist help their patients in the following the way
- Recommend special Eating plans to manage blood glucose levels and body weight
- Recommend regular exercise and physical activity to help insulin work more effectively.
- Regular blood glucose monitoring tests.
Management of Gestational Diabetes:
A diabetologist use three basic components to effectively manage gestational diabetes:
- Monitoring blood glucose levels
- Recommending a healthy eating pattern
- Recommending physical activity and proper exercise.
Few Most Popular Endocrinologists In Pakistan:
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- Small Steps That Can Improve Your Health And Nutrition Immediately - January 23, 2021
- Healthy Chunks Are The Real Guards Of Heart - January 22, 2021
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018