Table of Content
Sinusitis is the swelling in the air passage of the nose due to which breathing becomes difficult. It’s an infection that is caused by some virus, bacteria or by any strong chemical. A person suffering from it has blocked nose usually filled with fluid. It can incur many times throughout a person’s life, hence precautionary measures for it has to be taken beforehand.
Many times mild form of sinusitis can be handled by home remedies whereas a serious condition accompanying other symptoms mentioned below might need you to consult with an ENT specialist. You can find and consult with the best ENT specialist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
Here, let’s take a look at causes and symptoms of this infection.
Causes of Sinusitis:
Some of the causes that induce this infection are mentioned below:
- Hay fever: When pollens in an environment irritates the nasal passage.
- Chemical Reaction: At times, over the counter medicine or a nasal spray can badly react causing this infection.
- Common Cold: Due to unfavorable weather conditions; usually winters the tissue lining of nasal passage swells causing Sinusitis in a patient.
- Tumors: Warts near sinus opening can become a cause of Sinusitis.
- Dry weather condition: Lack of sufficient humidity, dryness or dehydration can become a cause of it too.
- Smoking and other illegal drugs: Narcotics and smoking cigarette can irritate the nasal passage.
Also Read: 6 Rare Complications of a Nosebleed
Due to all of the above-mentioned reasons a person can suffer from it. Now the question arises how to get to know whether a person is suffering from it?
Sign and Symptoms of Sinusitis:
Following are some of the signs and symptoms that indicate Sinusitis:
- Recurrent fever
- Facial pain especially pain around the forehead area
- Difficulty in breathing
- Stuffy or a runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell
- Thick pus in the nasal passage
- Nasal blockage
- Redness or inflammation of the nasal passage
- Swollen eyes and cheeks
All of the above mentioned symptoms can induce Sinusitis but there are ways to get an instant relief from this, one can take the steam or by inhaling hot water mixed with peppermint can soothe the nasal passage but it’s not a permanent solution. In extreme cases, it has to be treated with the medicines prescribed by the doctors. Some doctors prescribe nasal sprays and washes as well.
Dr. Shahid Ghafoor Talking About Stuffy Nose, Sinusitis, Ear Infection And Sleep Apnea Disorder
Latest posts by Amina Hameed (see all)
- 5 Incredible Benefits Of Omega-3 On Health - September 25, 2018
- Not All Fats Are Bad, Try Healthy-Fat To Boost Health - September 23, 2018
- Top Five Reasons Of Premature Graying Of Hair - September 23, 2018