Table of Content
Talking with your grandparents provides you with so much information related to natural remedies and healthy foods. They can tell you how to stay strong and take good care of your teeth, eyes, hair, bones with the help of simple natural ways and diet. One of those nutritionally filled combos of foods is dry fruits with milk. So, the dry fruit milk benefits are my main focus in this piece of information.
Dry fruits and nuts are plant originated foods that can be easily consumed with milk, both in the chilled milkshake form or simmered and imbued with milk. The dry fruit milk provides you with an instant energy kick that is best consumed in the morning. That’s why most people prefer drinking dry fruit milkshakes for breakfast.
Dry fruits with milk are the best drink for toddlers, growing kids and even grownups. Mothers usually prefer giving dry fruit milkshakes for their kids, as it provides the maximum amount of calcium and protein to the growing kids in a single serving of glass.
Dry Fruits and Milk:
There are different ways to consume dry fruits. But to get maximum benefits from them, you can consume them with milk. You can make a milkshake of almonds, figs, raisins, dried dates, etc. The best time to drink a dry milkshake is in the morning or after coming back from school. Similarly, you can make a hot drink by simmering dry fruits in the milk and consume dry fruit with milk at night.
Here are some of the dry fruits that you can take with milk in different forms;
Almonds are full of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E. They provide you with fibre, protein, and healthy fats. Munching a handful of almonds daily can give you a lot of beneficial nutrients. You can soak the almonds for 4-5 hours before making a milkshake. It is advisable to peel the almonds before consuming them, as the peel of almonds has some tannins that hinder the absorption of essential nutrients. You can also drink almonds with a hot mug of milk.
Almonds have minerals like magnesium and potassium. That’s why it helps in controlling your blood pressure. Almonds also maintain your blood sugar levels and healthy body weight.
Pistachios are healthy options to consume with warm milk. They can be added to your breakfast porridge and cereals. They are full of unsaturated fats, minerals like potassium, fibre and vitamins.
Pistachios are good for cardiovascular health and regulate your blood cholesterol levels.
Raisins are full of strength. People prefer the big raisins(munaqah) to take with warm milk. You can also add raisins to the milkshake.
Dates are a healthy sweetener and the best source of fibre. It provides you with a number of vitamins, and its benefits are enhanced when taken in the form of a milkshake or with warm milk.
Walnuts are full of vitamin E, vitamin B, omega-3 fatty acids, and many anti-oxidants. They are the best food for your brain, skin and hair. Walnuts are very beneficial for women. It maintains the hormonal balance in females and is suitable for women during childbearing age.
Walnuts also have cancer-fighting properties. Munching these crispy brown nuts can keep your blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels in control.
Consuming walnuts with a hot mug of milk is very beneficial for your overall health.
Dry Fruit Milk Benefits:
Taking dry fruits with milk at night helps you in getting a sound sleep. Dry fruits with milk are the best source of energy, and on the other hand, they provide a number of benefits like;
- Dry fruits with milk are suitable for your cardiovascular system. The good unsaturated fatty acids present in dry fruits are helpful in controlling your blood cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Taking these dry fruits with milk enhances their benefits as milk provides several vitamins and minerals to your body.
- Dry fruits are also very beneficial for your skin and hair. Consuming dry fruits with a warm glass of milk provides you with vitamin E and many other good vitamins for your hair, nails and skin.
- Dry fruits milk is helpful in maintaining your healthy weight. If you are obese, you can munch on dry fruits as they are healthy snacks. And drink a warm glass of milk to multiply the benefits of these dry fruits. On the other hand, if you want to increase your weight, you can consume dry fruit milkshakes, and they will provide you extra energy and ultimately increase some extra pounds.
- Dry fruits milkshake is very helpful in preventing constipation. Dry fruits are full of fibre and keep your gut healthy. Figs are the best dry fruit that can be consumed with warm milk to treat constipation.
- If you or your child has any nutritional deficiencies, you can overcome them with the help of dry fruits with milk as the dry fruits are less with calories but packed with high nutrients. You can easily munch a handful of different dry fruits without feeling full.
- Benefits of eating dry fruits in the morning are not limited to as a source of energy; relatively dry fruits prevent many health problems like high blood pressure, constipation, high cholesterol levels, even cancer.
- Females of childbearing age and women after menopause should eat dry fruits as their daily diet. They are an excellent source of minerals and vitamins that are good for women’s bone health.
- Dry fruits are also helpful in maintaining normal hormonal levels.
You can add different types of dry fruits to your milkshakes. Just soak them for 4-5 hours and blend them with a bit of sugar in the milk. Similarly, you can simmer the dry fruits in the milk and drink it before going to bed. You can also add crushed dry fruits to your desserts, breakfast cereals and porridge, etc.
If you want to know more about the dry fruit milk benefits, you can consult the best nutritionists in Islamabad. You can discuss the per day serving of each dry fruit that is suitable for you according to your age and body weight.
What are the benefits of consuming dry fruits with milk?
Dry fruits with milk provide you with fibre that is helpful in preventing constipation. They regulate the blood cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Dry fruits milk is also good for your skin, hair, and nails. It also prevents cancer in your body.
What is the best time to consume dry fruits milk?
You can consume dry fruits milk in the morning in the form of a milkshake or simmer the dry fruits in milk and consume it before going to bed.
I can take which dry fruits with milk?
You can take almonds, figs, raisins, pistachios, dates, walnuts, etc. with milk.
What are the nutrients present in dry fruits?
Dry fruits have vitamins like vitamin E, monounsaturated fats, minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, protein and fiber.
Book an appointment now to seek professional help from the best child specialist in Pakistan. You can book an appointment with top doctors in Pakistan through Marham by calling the Marham helpline: 0311-1222398 or online booking facility through the website or Marham mobile app.
Can’t Find The App?
Drop a review for us at Playstore if you’ve had a good experience!
Stay Home. Stay Safe!