Table of Content
PCOS is polycystic ovary disease in which a women’s hormones are imbalanced. It can cause problems in your periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. PCOS can also affect the overall appearance of individuals and if left untreated it may lead to serious health problems such as diabetes and heart disease.
Following are the ten most important and common sign and symptoms of PCOS.
- Irregular menstrual cycles: It can start at an early age or after a year or two after puberty.
- Increase in weight: There is a very typical increase in the distribution of fat, which results in an increase in abdominal girth.
- Hirsutism: Abnormal growth of hair on the chin, face, chest abdomen which is very disturbing for young women.
- Loss of hair: It is also very common as young women seek medical help more often immediately, from dermatologist along with few cases with acne, linea nigra.
- Pelvic pain: Its heaviness due to the increase in abdominal fat.
- Depression: Due to hormonal imbalances and abnormal unacceptable changes in appearance depression is seen in PCOS patients.
- Ultrasound: This is one simple noninvasive investigation, which will confirm PCOS if done from a good center.
- A decrease in the size of the breast: It is seen as the distribution of fat is more around the abdomen and hips.
- Infertility: Girls with PCOS, if not treated do take time to conceive, as regular ovulation and endometrial favorability are not there.
- S. Insulin: This is a hormone which is usually raised in PCOS.
A few, or all above signs and symptoms are present in patients with PCOS.
It is easy to diagnose and even easier to treat.
One out of every four young girls suffer from PCOS, it’s not you, stop worrying just become safer.
Lifestyle changes do a lot in improving the PCOS along with some treatment.
If you have any of above mention issue or you feel any symptom in your routine life, You should consult your gynecologist near you. Now you can also find the best gynecologist in Lahore, Karachi or any other main city of Pakistan online through Marham.