In the course of recent years, Pakistan has seen a few progressions in its human services and medical structure. Some of these progressions can be reflected in the nature of hospitals that convey an exclusive requirement of medical care through their inventive frameworks and systems.
If you have no idea which government hospital is giving the best of its facilities so you must take a look at this. We have shortlisted some of the best hospitals in Pakistan (Largest Hospital in Pakistan).
Top 10 Biggest Hospitals in Pakistan
Here’s the list of the top 10 biggest Hospital in Pakistan:
- PIMS Hospital, Islamabad
- Jinnah Hospital, Lahore
- Services Hospital, Lahore
- Lady Reading Hospital MTI, Peshawar
- Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation, SIUT Karachi
- Dr. Ruth K.M. Pfau, Civil Hospital, Karachi
- Punjab Institute of Cardiology, Lahore
- Lady Aitchison Hospital, Lahore
- Federal Government Service Hospital (FGSH), Islamabad
- The Children’s Hospital, Lahore
1- Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS), Islamabad
This research-oriented health sciences institute is one of the areas’ leading tertiary-level hospitals which incorporates 22 therapeutic and surgical specialist centers. The hospital provides 24-hours emergency services under the supervision of qualified surgeons, doctors, and paramedical staff. The hospital also aims at conducting health research to meet international healthcare standards.
The PIMS hospital is located on Ibn-e-Sina Road, Islamabad.
The foundation of the hospital was laid in the early 1960s and over time, it developed over time into one of the largest hospitals in Islamabad. It has also built linkages with academic national and international health institutions including WHO, JICA, and UNICEF.
- PIMS hospital provides clinical and clinical support services to patients suffering from acute or chronic illnesses of all sorts.
- There are more than 30 clinical departments that are striving to serve the people.
- Additionally, the hospital provides 24 hrs emergency services to qualified doctors, operates well-equipped diagnostic labs, and provides pharmaceutical services to qualified pharmacists.
2) Jinnah Hospital, Lahore
Jinnah Hospital is a tertiary care teaching hospital in Lahore. The hospital is named after Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah and is striving to facilitate the patients with its cutting-edge health facilities. The hospital is affiliated with one of Punjab’s largest medical colleges, Allama Iqbal Medical College. The clinical services are available around the clock aiming at benefitting the patients suffering from major or minor illnesses.
Jinnah hospital is located on Usmani Road, Quaid-e-Azam Campus, Lahore
The hospital started its operations in 1994 with minimal facilities until it was officially inaugurated in 1996. An exclusive Accident and Emergency department was established in 2005 to cater to emergency patients.
- Jinnah Hospital Lahore provides clinical services in almost 35 clinical departments.
- The hospital provides surgical services under various surgical units for all major and minor health issues.
- All laboratory tests and imaging services are offered by the Jinnah Hospital.
- Jinnah hospital also offers numerous clinical support services.
3) Services Hospital, Lahore
Services Hospital, Lahore is giving quality treatment under sterilized environments to the patients in the outpatient, inpatient, and emergency departments. The medical and paramedical staff at the hospital are highly qualified and trained to provide medical and palliative care to the patients. The hospital and the pharmacy are operating 24 hours to cater to the needs of the patients.
Services Hospital Lahore is located in Shadman, Jail road Lahore
Services Hospital Lahore started in 1960 as a 55-bedded outpatient, laboratory, and X-ray unit. The departments developed over time until the hospital was established as Lahore’s largest tertiary-care teaching hospital.
- The hospital has administrative, clinical sciences, and basic sciences departments.
- Services hospital offers clinical, medicinal, and diagnostic healthcare of all types.
- A research center has also been established in the hospital to meet international health standards.
4) Lady Reading Hospital MTI, Peshawar
The Lady Reading Hospital, LRH is a tertiary-care hospital built on the latest healthcare standards to serve almost 2500 patients per day. The hospital also deals with casualty and trauma cases in the specialized accidents and emergency division. Lady Reading Hospital LRH Peshawar is a surprisingly beneficial development for poor and working-class individuals for therapeutic, surgical, ENT, and T.B. services.
Lady Reading Hospital is located on Soekarno Rd, PTCL Colony Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
The hospital was established in 1927 and is behind the historical Qila Balahisar. The hospital came into being after the historical visit of Lord Reading, the victory of India.
- LRH renders clinical, surgical, and medical services under highly experienced doctors and surgeons.
- The hospital also includes radiology, pharmacy, and rehabilitation departments to provide cutting-edge health facilities to patients.
- An insulin bank is set up at the hospital to cater to the needs of diabetics. This bank provides checkups, insulin, and medicine to deserving patients.
5) Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation, SIUT Karachi
This centrally located kidney and urology institute in Karachi is listed among the best government hospitals in the world. The hospital is Pakistan’s biggest kidney ailment center that gives free medical treatment to patients from the rustic and poorer urban strata. The hospital is known for its crisis unit, effective labs, radiology department, and convenient treatment of patients with no separation of poor and rich.
SIUT is located on Chand Bibi Road, Ranchore Lane, Karachi, Sindh
The institute started as an 8-bed ward unit in the Civil Hospital, Karachi. After an act passed by the Sindh assembly in 1991, it gained the status of an institute. Over the years, SUIT has expanded its facilities and donation drives.
- The institute provides dialysis, transplantation, and emergency services.
- A 24-hour emergency department is operated by nephrologists and urologists.
- The institute is also expanded to provide ophthalmological and dietary services.
6) Dr. Ruth K.M. Pfau, Civil Hospital, Karachi
It is one of the best government hospitals in Karachi that has not disappointed in its capacity to inspire visitors and cure individuals who experience the ill effects of a wide range of diseases, by offering the best-in-class present-day modern equipment and treatment strategies to its patients. The staff at the hospital are highly efficient and trained to provide surgical and non-surgical treatments for acute and chronic diseases.
The hospital is located on Mission Road, New Labour Colony Nanakwara, Karachi, Sindh
The Civil Hospital Karachi was founded in 1898 when the Bubonic pandemic hit the world. The hospital completely transformed over the years into a tertiary-care hospital meeting international standards.
- The hospital operates a number of clinical departments including dermatology, gynecology, surgery, and gynecology.
- The labs are equipped with the latest technology and wards are constructed in accordance with international standards of quality.
- The civil hospital has also established thalassemia and rehabilitation centers.
- 24-hour emergency services and in-patient, and out-patient services are also provided by the hospital.
7) Punjab Institute of Cardiology, Lahore
Punjab Institute of Cardiology is the first heart health institute in Punjab. Treatment provided by the Punjab Institute of Cardiology is absolutely free of cost for poor and entitled patients whereas private patients are dealt with at a much lower cost than the rest of the private hospitals. Emergency service is open 24 hours and crisis treatment is thoroughly free for everybody irrespective of their social standing.
PIC is located on Jail Road, Shadman, Lahore
PIC was established in 1989 and was inaugurated by then CM of Punjab, Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif. In 1990, the first open heart surgery was performed at the hospital
- The hospital is specially designed to treat, diagnose, and manage all the issues related to the heart.
- PIC offers highly skilled surgeons and consultant heart doctors to perform surgery and other procedures efficiently.
- Other medical services offered at the hospital include OPD, emergency services, an evening clinic, and all sorts of cardiological services.
8) Lady Aitchison Hospital, Lahore
Lady Aitchison Hospital is built in the walled city of Lahore to provide exclusive gynecological and obstetric services to women and is governed by the government of Punjab. The hospital’s vision also involves providing training to the midwives, doctors, nurses, and trainees to cater to the needs of the gynae patients. The hospital is built as an all-in-one place for newborns and mothers.
Lady Aitchison Hospital is located on Mayo Hospital Road, Anarkali Bazaar Lahore, Punjab
The hospital was exclusively established in 1887 for obstetrics and gynecological services. The hospital was named after lady Aitchison who was the wife of the Indian viceroy, Lord Aitchison. Later the hospital attained the status of a teaching hospital.
- The hospital offers gynecology and obstetrics wards, general emergency, a labor room, and pre and post-natal wards.
- A dental, anesthesia, and pharmacy department are also set up by the hospital.
- The hospital offers 24-hour pharmacy and emergency services.
- The staff at the hospital are highly skilled to deal with all sorts of gynecological issues and preventive care.
9) Federal Government Service Hospital- FGSH
Also known as Poly Clinic, Federal Government Service Hospital is one of the leading hospitals with 1100 bedded facilities in Islamabad. This government hospital is dedicated to providing high-quality medical care and facilities to patients.
The hospital is located on Luqman Hakeem Road, Islamabad.
- The hospital provides clinical services in departments including dermatology, gynecology, orthopedics, etc.
- The staff at the hospital provides treatment and care in a patient-friendly environment.
- The hospital also offers emergency medical and pharmaceutical services.
10) The Children’s Hospital, Lahore
The Children’s Hospital Lahore is an exclusive healthcare platform to provide diagnosis, treatment, management, and prevention for all major and minor illnesses This government hospital is dedicated to providing the best health facilities with the help of its trained and caring staff.
The Children’s Hospital is located on Ferozepur Road, Nishtar Town, Lahore, Punjab
The foundation of the hospital was laid in 1990 and the emergency services at the hospital started in 1996. Later, the hospital also started offering post-graduate training to the students in OPDS and surgical wards.
- The hospital is offering remarkable services and the most progressive medical facilities in various. departments including gastroenterology, nephrology, cardiology, neonatology, etc.
- It is equipped with the most recent machinery and profoundly qualified specialists, proficient staff, and quality medicines.
- The Children’s Hospital provides 24-hour emergency services.
- The hospital also runs its ambulance service in the city as well as within the hospital premises.