Stroke is a grave medical emergency and a principal cause of death or lifelong disability in many individuals. It happens when a blood vessel in the brain bursts or, more commonly, when a blood clot develops. In result blood supply to the brain is hindered and this vital organ fails to get nutrients and oxygen. The result can be a serious disability or death.
A person suffering from stroke may need a brief hospitalization to recognize the type of stroke and released after being stabilized. The team working for stroke patients at the hospital includes neurologists, physiotherapists besides the physician taking care of him. You can easily find the best neurologist in Karachi, Lahore and all other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk. But for complete recovery, it may take several months depending on the severity of stroke.
Proper knowledge can help you to stay safe from this bad happening. Read the following words with full attention.
How To Track Stroke Before Getting Too Late?
Keen observation and strict eye on certain happenings can help you to track deadly stroke earlier. These are associated signs and symptoms which can give you time to handle stroke:
- Numbness or weakness of the body, especially on one side.
- Sudden vision changes in one or both eyes. It may happen due to eyesight weakness. You can consult the best eye specialist in Karachi, Lahore and other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
- Difficulty swallowing without throat infection.
- Sudden, severe headache without a known cause.
- Walking or balance problems.
- Sudden confusion, difficulty speaking or other communication problems.
A simple F.A.S.T. test can also help you to spot the arrival of stroke. It stands for:
Ask for a smile. Does one side droop? If yes the problem is there.
Raise your arms, does one side drift down? If yes, it is the sign of a problem.
Can a person repeat a simple phrase or sentence? Does he or she have trouble in repeating or slur words? If yes, he is facing a problem.
Time is a critical dude. Call emergency services immediately if any symptoms are present. Unnecessary delay can further complicate this matter.
Two Ways to Prevent the Stroke:
What can a human being not do? Perhaps nothing. Your sincere efforts can make it possible to stay safe from the life-threatening stroke. Just follow these two lifelines.
Some of the healthy lifestyle modifications can help you prevent stroke and stay healthy for longer:
- Quit smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Regular exercise, healthy lifestyle and maintain normal body weight.
- Limit sugar and salt intake.
- Eat a healthier balanced diet with more veggies, fish, and whole grains.
For individuals with a high risk of stroke, doctors often recommend medications to lower this risk. Anti-platelet drugs, anti-clotting drugs, may be needed to help ward off stroke in some patients.
Be clever, and defeat the deadly stroke for healthy life continuity.
Neuro Physician talks about Epilepsy, Stroke and Migraine Headache
Latest posts by Tayyaba Waris (see all)
- 4 Reasons to Leave the Shoes at your Door Step - July 15, 2018
- Novel Treatment Options For 3 Serious Prostate Diseases - May 3, 2018
- 5 Everyday Habits to Cut Down Hospital Expenditures - March 2, 2018