Do you know that there may be Lead in your lipstick, the one which you admiring and using since years zealously? Yes, I’m talking about that rich red one that goes on creamy and leaves your lips with a patent-leather finish and it doesn’t bleed or run all over your mouth!
Many of us love makeup, but most of us have no notion that some of our favorite beauty products contain strident chemicals and potentially harmful ingredients. Be aware of the exposure to this ingredient present in your lipsticks and other beauty synthetics, which can leave significant effects on your health. It is also reported that Lead present in several lipsticks can cause cancer and other chronic ailments. These health repercussions will vary based on the level of exposure to the ingredient and individual susceptibility.
We are at Marham, not trying to explain that all the makeup brands use the same chemicals in their products. We do want to give you an example of what you might be slathering on your lips. Marham can help facilitate you in any medically related query or if you want to investigate about your skin condition, you can book your online appointment with the best Dermatologist or Cosmetic Surgeon in Karachi, Best Dermatologists In Islamabad, Best Dermatologists In Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan.
Toxic Ingredient Present In Your Lipsticks:
Check out some of the ingredients in the lipstick or lip-glosses, they will make you think twice about what you put on your pout.
- Propylparaben can irritate skin and eyes or cause reactions in those who are allergic.
- Retinyl Palmitate is a synthetic form of vitamin A that may be toxic to pregnant women.
- Colorants (D&C Red 36) are rated “low hazard” element.
- Colorants C Red 22 Aluminum Lake is rated “moderate hazard” chemical.
- Methylparaben is linked to cancer. It may disrupt the endocrine system, or be toxic in other ways, label as a “high hazard.”
- Tocopheryl Acetate or Vitamin E acetate, rated as a moderate hazard ingredient, because it may cause itching, burning, scaling, hives and skin blistering, and may be toxic.
Also Read: Top 5 Hazards of Sleeping with Makeup On
The increased number of lead, the higher the content that means a greater chance of causing Cancer. These lipsticks are not easy to “REMOVE” because of the lead. Heed for those lip colors, which are supposed to stay longer.
Can Wear a Lipstick Lead To Cancer?
Lead may not necessarily cause cancer, but it most assuredly is an element dangerous to human beings, they should make every effort to distance themselves from. Children 6 years old and under are most at risk because their bodies are growing quickly, thus additional care has to be taken to protect them from exposure to this common element. You can find and consult with the best pediatrician in Karachi, Lahore and other main cities via Marham.pk, to rule out any health-related problems of your kids. Vulnerability to lead can results in a range of deleterious health effects, from behavioral problems and learning disabilities to seizures and death.
Few Most Popular Female Dermatologists/Skin Specialists:
Latest posts by Rabya Jamshed (see all)
- All You Need To Know About Hair Transplantation; The 10 Main Steps - March 10, 2021
- Fruits and Vegetables That Can Boost Your Mental Health - March 8, 2021
- 6 Most Common Reasons Of An Irregular Period - March 9, 2018