Sunflower seeds can be used as food and it has many health benefits which many of you are unaware of so this article would be beneficial for you all.
It’s our culture that we think using fats in our food will make us gain unnecessary weight but we forget there are healthy fats too which is very much good for our bodily health. These help in reducing inflammation in the body. Sunflower seeds have many other essential nutrients in them like vitamin E, B, copper, and phosphorus. Its health benefits are numerous and you should add these to your food regularly for gaining nutrients and achieve a healthy body. These are rich in fatty acids and are the source of fiber, phytosterols, and amino acids.
Health Beneficial Facts about Sunflower Seeds:
Here are some ways sunflower seeds can boost your health.
- They are the excellent source of vitamin E which is a powerful anti-oxidant so sunflowers are the natural source of anti-oxidants and it fights the damages to our bodies.
- They boost our cardiovascular system and reduce bad cholesterols with our body. If you are struggling with a heart disease you can easily book an appointment online with the best cardiologist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan via Marham.
- They help in removing muscle cramps.
- You can treat your headaches with use of sunflower seeds.
- It has many positive effects on the body including prevention from cancer.
- It also helps in achieving healthy skin.
- It improves your health by detoxification.
- It reduces the risk of heart diseases and provides prevention from inflammation.
- It helps in reducing hypertension.
- These are a good source of selenium as well.When you are deficient in selenium you are at risk of thyroid diseases.
A single serving of sunflower seeds almost half a cup is going to provide you;
Also Read: 12 Health Facts about Artificial Sweetners
- 190 calories
- 7 grams of proteins
- 5 grams of fiber
- 18 grams of fat
- 18 percent of vitamin E in it and other nutrients.
- Along with these nutrients, it will have phosphorus, magnesium, and folate as well.
How to Use:
You can add these as a topping to salad or as a sprinkle on desserts. You can also snack on these rather than going for chips and sugary stuff.
Use of these seeds is recommended by nutritionists as well. Include sunflower seeds in your food and enjoy their good taste and benefits together.